- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
3 Benefits of Crying ( Tears )
DAY 24, HUB # 24
What do you when you feel your tears are nearly coming out?
When was the last time you had a good cry? Was it 2 years ago when your favorite pet died or you received a retrenchment from your job?
Researchers claimed that you should have a good cry that benefits your body and soul as both crying and laughing stems are link to the same part of the brain.
The sound of roaring laughter and howling cries bring curiosity to people around you, eager to find out the reasons and these emotions could be infectious too.
Scientists had discovered that crying has a vast of health benefits just as laughing does too.
Benefits of crying:
1. Release Stress-
A good cry helps a person to vent and release stress from relationship failure, workplace problems and family crisis that is essential to individual emotional health. Tears will gradually lower stress emotion, decrease stress hormone and improve your emotional feelings.
A neuropsychologist in Florida who had studied crying, made a survey and found that almost 90% of women and 80% of men claimed that they felt better after crying. Most people believed that crying is the best stress reliever rather than depending on drugs, medication or seeking help from psychiatrist .
2. Improve communication-
One of the healing powers of tears is to arouse the attention of people around you.
When you cry for some reasons, people around you automatically become friendly, try to offer their help and comfort.
Besides that, your opponent become less offensive, offer to negotiate and surprisingly, he may reluctantly agrees to bury the hatchet of the disagreement or arguments issues that both of you had been quarreling.
Therefore, people around you are ready to patch up, tears help to strengthen relationship, improve communication between different people and think positive solutions to avoid future disagreement or disappointment.
3. Protects Heart-
Holding back tears of anger, disappointment or sadness could lead to certain hidden illness in our bodies.
Studies had shown that when a person suffering from depression who keeps sustaining his emotional feelings to himself, he is likely to contract heart problems, high blood pressure and cancer.
When you constantly restrain yourself from releasing emotional tears, this impulse will damage your body well being in long term run. Your body and mind could not keep up with the continuous pressure and suffering. Thereto, sustaining depression may lead you to lack of sleep, loss of appetite and releasing harmful toxin into the body.
Hence, it is a good idea to give a good cry, let it all out whether secretly in your bedroom, toilet, confide with someone close to you or by the beach.
Some people prefer to release their tears facing to the sea, screaming at the top of their voices, pumping up the energy from their navel area. It proves that by doing so, you could reduce the pain in your heart, release the distress while the sound of waves drown your screaming.
Tears help to improve blood function vessels, increase blood flow to your heart, protects your heart from heart attack and other heart problems.
Moreover, tears decrease your heart beat, returning your physical well being into a calmer feeling and change your mentality state into positive mood.
Things That helps You To Cry
How to Create Tears
Here are some suggested methods to create tears if you could hardly shed any..
- Watch Sad Movie- Choose a couple of sad, moving real life story or well known sad movies to watch at home. Movies with popular actor and actress makes a movie extra special with their wonderful acting skills. When you watch sad movies, prepare a tissue box and a cushion to hug because you need some comfort and blow your nose.
- Recommended Movies to watch:
Haichi- a Dog's Tale~A drama based on the true story of a college professor's bond with the abandoned dog he takes into his home. (93 mins.)
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button~Tells the story of Benjamin Button, a man who starts aging backwards with bizarre consequences. (166 mins.)
- Read Books, Blogs, Articles- Take your time to browse through the list of books in your nearest bookstore. Choose the story books which are based on true real life story, love story, tragic story which touches your heart. You could go to the National Library to borrow these books if you don't want to spend too much money. Search online for blogs and articles of personal stories which are worth to read to induce your tears rolling down your cheeks.
- Share Problems with Someone- This is the best method I have chosen so far. When I am sad, full of pressure and having sleepless nights, I chose to talk to my dad. He is the best listener, a person who is willingly to give me a shoulder to cry on and keeps my secret safe. Having someone whom you can trust to indulge all your problems without having the fear "Letting the cat out of the bag" is not easy to find. You may choose to talk to someone who provide help online or through the phone which are free of charge.
- Talk to your Pet- If you are staying alone, nobody to talk to, nobody who is willing to hear you at all, talk to your pet to release your stress. When you talk to your pet dog or cat, you would notice that he is listening to you at the same heart beat. He gives you a comfortable feeling, letting you cry out loud while he may lick or caress you as a respond to your emotions. Sometimes, he may even show you his sad face while you cry and lift up his tail when you are in a happy mood. Dog and cat is a man best friend.
- Talk to Your Teddy Bear- Now, this may sound ridiculous but it is true that talking to your teddy bear may induce you to cry without realizing your emotions are flowing freely. Although teddy bear is a non living thing, he may be your best friend and your soul mate too. Make sure that no one is going to enter your room, otherwise someone may think that you are going crazy talking to a bear instead of a living person !