The Natural Healing Wonders of Herbs
Herbs are generally have a great therapeutic and curative value to man. But however, some people are not aware of their healing powers. There are a lot of herbs that are very useful and can treat various ailments. I have had experience with one or two and I wish to share this to you the benefits and common uses I’ve gained from these herbs that we have been using over the years.
Mayana and Herba are both fleshy annual herb that grows about 1 meter high. They are just ordinary plants that sometimes went unnoticed but they are the best when it comes to medicinal uses.
Mayana, or what is commonly called in our place as "Lampunaya" has healing wonders. This plant can be grown easily and can be found almost in everyone’s backyard.
People in the neighbourhood sometimes called this “Herba” because its medicinal uses are just the same as the green Herba leaves. These two plants are always grown side by side. If you can see a Mayana, then there must be Herba in its side.
The only difference is their colour and the shape of the leaves. Mayana come in different colors (sometimes dotched or colored but mostly purple) and has variegated leaves and Herba is green.
They both work wonder and have the same uses. It is our own substitute for first aid especially for kids afraid of merthiolate and alcohol.
Mayana and Herba plant target wounds and cough. These plants have been known to cure bruises and soothe headaches.
Everyone loves these plants especially our grandmothers because they already proven and tested their healing wonders.
- Healing Powers of Physic Nut Leaves
How amazing... leaves can really cure.
Below are some medicinal uses for Mayana and Herba:
- Swelling, Bruises and Sprains: Pound or crush a generous amount of clean leaves and apply over the affected area (commonly on wrists and ankles) for 30 minutes, three times daily. Use a bandage to hold the poultice in place.
- Mild bleeding of wounds: Wash the young leaves and crush it. Extract the juice and drop a few drops of this juice directly on wounds. You can then apply the crushed leaves as poultice.
- Cough: The extracted juice from the crushed leaves is the best natural medicine for cough. You can drink the juice using tbsp at a time. The taste is bitter and you may want to have water on hand.
- Headache: Pound the leaves and apply it over temples and nape.
- Sinusitis: Heat the fresh leaves over a fire and apply it while still hot over the forehead for the frontal sinuses or over the cheeks for the maxillary sinuses, twice daily.
- Back Pains: You can choose either to mildly heat the leaves over fire or just the way they are, fresh and clean. Pound or crush the leaves and massage it over your back. It will help ease your tired back and muscles.
Every plant we see has its own purpose. We just never know.
© 2012 Mycee. All Rights Reserved.