The Health Benefits Of Acai Berry
The Health Benefits Of Drinking Acai Berry Juice
Acai berries are a type of berries that grow in tropical climates. They grow wild in the Amazon rainforests, but are now cultivated extensively; as they have numerous health benefits. They are native to parts of Central and South America. Acai Berries are considered by some to be a 'superfood' due to their several benefits, which include slimming and anti-aging properties. Even historically, Acai berries have been used by Amazonian tribes for the treatment of ulcers, dysentery and infections.
The Acai berry can be considered to be a distant relative of the cranberry. It is very rich in antioxidants and help to boost the body's natural immune system. It helps the body fight against the ravaging effects of oxidizing free radicals. Acai berry juice is one of the most nutrient rich fruit juices. The numerous health benefits of Acai berries include the following:
- Cardiac Health: Acai berry juice, just like red wine has a high concentration of anthocyanins. Anthocyanins are a type of phyto-alkaloids which are powerful anti-oxidants. They help in reducing cholesterol levels in blood. Moreover, they contain sterols that provide protection to the heart, by removing blood clots in the arteries and relaxing the vascular system for improved circulation.
- Weight Loss: Weight Loss is one of the most important and documented health benefits of acai berries. Regular consumption of a serving of acai berry juice (200ml) helps maintain a constant weight even if the diet is rich in oils and fats.
- Healthy Skin: Many skincare and beauty products such as shampoos, conditioners, anti-aging creams and masks have acai seed oil as the active ingredient. Again, this is due to the Acai berry's high antioxidant concentration. Even when ingested, acai berries provide the same skin benefits as direct application.
- Regulates the digestive system: The juice of Acai berries has been used to treat an upset stomach for ages. These berries are great at removing toxins from the body and blood in case of food poisoning. Stomach ulcers can also be treated with acai berry juice as it has excellent anti-haemorrhagic properties. Moreover, like most other berries, their skin is a rich source of dietary fibre, which prevents constipation and regulates bowel movements. Additionally a diet rich in soluble fibre helps the body excrete excess cholesterol and lipids via the stools.
- Cancer Prevention: The high concentration of Vitamin C and other antioxidants in acai berries is very effective in preventing and suppressing the growth of malignant cells. It also contains ellagic acid, an immune system booster. The polyphenols found in acai berries too, have an important role to play in the prevention of growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Reverse the Aging Process: The phytochemicals in acai berries have antioxidant properties and reduce the visible signs of aging. This is done by removing free radicals which are thought to be the cause of aging. Acai berries have around 10 times more antioxidants than grapes.
- Increased virility: By enhancing blood circulation, it increases strength and virility, especially in men.
- Enhanced mental prowess: Acai berries are a good brain food. They increase the memory and preserve mental stability.
Acai berries are very rich in minerals such as copper, iron, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium. Potassium regulates the heart rate and blood pressure. Manganese is one of the constituents of the cofactor of the enzyme superoxide dismutase. The Acai berry is rich in Vitamin B-complex and Vitamin K as well. These vitamins are very essential as they play the role of co-factors for several enzymes, which would be incapacitated in their absence.
These enzymes are required by the body for the effective metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. However, possibly the only downside to acai berries is their high calorie content. Acai berries also contain a significant amount of fat. 100 grams of acai berry pulp contains approximately 100-300 calories, which raises some controversy on their ability in aiding weight loss.
Nevertheless the berries are highly nutritious and can be considered a meal in itself as it contains macronutrients like carbohydrates, protein, fats as well as numerous micronutrients as stated above like vitamins, minerals and a host of other plant phytonutrients. Overall Acai berry juice is a delicious and inexpensive way to insure a person against poor health as well as remedy for existing health issues; if any.
- The caveman diet (Lose weight fast!)
Lose weight fast with this high protein & low carbohydrate diet. Train your body to find its inner animal instincts, and train it to love and crave healthy foods, and to make dieting second nature!
- Low carb diet (Lose 30-40 lbs in 2 months)
Lose 30-40 lbs in 2 months on this low carbohydrate diet! This diet is not for the feint of heart and requires willpower, determination and dedication, but drives HUGE results when followed!
- The Military Diet
Lose up to 10lbs per week while on a healthy, and proven diet!
- Foods you should be eating, for a healthier lifestyl...
Foods you should be eating to increase your over all health, well being, frame of mind, and most importantly, diet. Lose weight by just consuming