The Health Benefits Of Drinking Lemon Water
Nutritional Benefits of Drinking Warm Lemon Water
Most of us prefer to start our day with a warm cup of coffee. As good as it may feel, it is not helping the body rid itself of toxins accumulated overnight. A tall glass of warm water with the juice of a whole lemon is an ideal drink; to start the day with. Lemons are packed with ascorbic acid, commonly known as Vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant. It makes you look youthful and protects your body against infections. Drinking a glass of lemon water every morning can help prevent constipation, gastritis, and dysentery as all gastric functions are regulated.
Lemons and their nutritional value:
The juice of a lemon is rich in vitamins, minerals, pectin and soluble fibre. The juice is also anti-bacterial in nature and fights many infections. The medicinal properties of lemon and lemon oil are many. Apart from keeping your immune system strong and running, it also helps in purifying the blood, cleansing it and removing toxins.
How a glass of warm lemon water can help you?
In the morning, when you wake up on an empty stomach, the first drink plays an important role; as it is absorbed very quickly. Hence, drinking a glass of warm lemon water in the morning will help you realize all of its potential benefits.
- Warm water and lemon juice have a flushing effect and ensure that you have timely bowel movements.
- Digestion is aided as lemon juice promotes the formation of bile.
- The pectin in lemon pulp is a great source of soluble fibre, which prevents colon cancer and problems like constipation and Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Lemon juice is enriched with citric acid, which is a natural antiseptic, while potassium, magnesium and calcium minerals play their own significant roles.
- It is an effective remedy for treating gout and inflamed joints, as it helps to dissolve crystals of uric acid.
- Potassium is a nerve impulse regulator and helps in conduction of impulses in the brain and spinal cord via potassium channels. Moreover, it regulates the water balance in the body. It is also beneficial in preventing heart disease.
- Warm water and lemon juice has a slimming effect as it encourages the liver to burn more fat and not store it.
- People suffering from oily skin with open pores, acne and eruptions report seeing a noticeable change after drinking warm lemon water on a daily basis.
- For those suffering from chronic throat infections and cough, or singers who have a constantly sore throat, warm lemon water and honey can provide relief.
- A glass of lemon juice and warm water with a little salt is a great post-workout drink. It not only replenishes lost water, but also detoxifies and restores the essential salt content of the body, preventing dehydration and fatigue.
- Lemon juice aids in the secretion of enzymes by the stomach and intestine, thus aiding the process of digestion.
- A glass of concentrated lemon juice with a bit of hot water can provide relief from throat infections and a runny nose.
- Lemon juice restores the acid-base balance of the body by regulating the calcium ion concentration. Hence, they can treat hyperacidity and heartburn effectively especially when taken with a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.
Even when not ingested, lemon juice has other benefits. For example, the juice of a lemon when applied to hair before shampooing is a very effective remedy for dry hair, dandruff and lice. Its astringent properties also ensure that your scalp remains non greasy.
The juice of a lemon typically contains a little more than 20 calories, making it an ideal drink for the weight-conscious. However, there is a small drawback to drinking very concentrated lemon juice. The high acid content of lemon juice makes it wear away the enamel coating of teeth. Wearing away of the enamel does lead to many tooth problems; as they are exposed to dental caries and decay.
To prevent this, it is a good idea to rinse the mouth with plain water after drinking lemon water. Lemon juice is a powerful and inexpensive cure against many diseases. When used regularly and in the required dose, it can improve your health as well as protect you from infections and disease caused due to improper diet or deficiencies.
- The caveman diet (Lose weight fast!)
Lose weight fast with this high protein & low carbohydrate diet. Train your body to find its inner animal instincts, and train it to love and crave healthy foods, and to make dieting second nature!
- Low carb diet (Lose 30-40 lbs in 2 months)
Lose 30-40 lbs in 2 months on this low carbohydrate diet! This diet is not for the feint of heart and requires willpower, determination and dedication, but drives HUGE results when followed!
- The Military Diet
Lose up to 10lbs per week while on a healthy, and proven diet!
- Foods you should be eating, for a healthier lifestyl...
Foods you should be eating to increase your over all health, well being, frame of mind, and most importantly, diet. Lose weight by just consuming