Poor Man's Workout Routine
Simple But Effective Exercises
Which Do You Like Best?
Which is your favorite free exercise?
Free and Reliable Exercises
There is an old saying that goes like this. No pain, no gain. To a degree it is true but, only to a degree. The better thing to keep in mind is this saying. Train do not strain.
1. Stretching: Stretching and warming up are vital. Remember train don't strain. If a muscle gets pulled, you may not be able to exercise for weeks or even months. Stretch first for ten minutes before undertaking serious work out routines. It will help in the long run to stretch before exercising. Always warm up prior to doing any physical activity.
2. Jogging: Not only can running help build up your stamina and cardio but, it helps you lose weight and develop very strong legs. Start out jogging one mile until you can build your wind up. As time goes by, you should be able to add miles to your scheduled runs. Make sure that when you are cooling off, you replenish the liquids as well. Never over do it. Build up over time.
3. Crunches: Crunches are a very quick way to lose stomach fat and tighten the stomach muscles. The slower you can do them the more positive effect it will have on your body. Do sets of twenty-five and as you get better add more sets to your routine,
4. Situps: Sit ups help lose unwanted weight around your mid section. Do these slow and it will burn more fat off your sides and stomach. Also, curling up your knees as you lift your body will have a great impact on the workout program.
5. Pushups: Doing push ups helps build your arms, chest and back muscles. Also, for more of a challenge, do push ups at an inclined position. It's free and rather easy to do. Do push ups in sets such as 20 then rest then 20 then rest then 20 then done.
6. Jumping Jacks: Jumping jacks helps with weight control, building muscles and of course building stamina. Great exercise to substitute for running when it is raining outside.
7. Pullups: Doing chin ups and pull ups help develop your arm muscles. The slower you go the better when trying this exercise. Always warm up first so you do not pull a muscle.
8. Swimming: Swimming works all the muscles in the body. Enough said. Try swimming underwater and on top of the water for a full benefit to show itself. Besides the health benefit of swimming it is also fun to do.
9. Shadow Boxing: Boxing an imaginary opponent for three rounds lasting three minutes each is a total cardio work out. You would be surprised how spent the body feels after this work out.
10. Knee Lifts: Knee Lifts help the legs, stomach and back. Do them in sets of three and be sure to rest in between. Definitely stretch properly before this exercise to prevent a back injury.
There are many more ways to exercise but, these ten stand out as great ways to work out.
Sports and Exercise Hubs
- How to Get Yourself Pumped and Enthusiastic for a Big Sports Game
This article documents different ways to get hyped up and prepared for a big sporting event. Have your teams clothing on, have signs or flags hanging up and of course have plenty of snacks on hand. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube clips and commentary
- Top Soccer Players of All Time
This is an article about the top Soccer players of all time. Pele, Lionel Messi, George Best and Frans Beckenbauer are highlighted in this hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed in this sports hub.
- Hockey's Best of All Time
This article is about the top hockey players in the history of the NHL. Mario Lemeuix, Gordie Howe, Wayne Gretzky and Bobby Orr are listed in this hub about the best with the puck. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, links and commentary are all
- Best Tennis Players of All Time
This article focuses on the best Tennis players ever. Roger Federer, John McEnroe, Jimmy Conners and Arthur Ashe are highlighted in this hub. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps and commentary are highlighted throughout this blog. John McEnroe had
- Touring The Alabama Sports Hall of Fame
This sports article documents the top sporting stars in Alabama's history. Jesse Owens, Joe Louis, Evander Holyfield, Hank Aaron, Bo Jackson and Charles Barkley are listed in this hub. Pictures, videos, maps, a quiz and poll, museum facts and comment
- Complete Boxing Gym Workout
This article describes a total boxing gym workout. Stretching, speed bags, heavy bags and jump ropes are detailed in this exercise hub along with pictures, videos and commentary.
Stretching Is Important!
More Healthy Activities
These are just samples of other ways to keep active. Anything you can find that keeps you moving is a step in the right direction.
1. Hiking- Hiking is a good exercise and it gives you a chance to explore nature. If you go up hills it really helps work out your thighs. Plus it is another way to take in all that nature has to offer.
2. Playing Basketball- Shooting hoops is a good way to have fun and break a nice sweat. You can do this activity alone or with several other people.
3. Playing Tennis or volleyball- These activities require constant movement. Great way to get into shape and relieve stress at the same time.
4. Walking- Walking is a very easy and healthy exercise. Get some fresh air, help out your heart and get in shape. If you have a canine then take your pet along for the stroll.
5. Frisbee- This can be fun and it can help get the sweat flying. You can play with a friend or with a dog if he plays catch.
6. Cutting Grass- Kill two birds with one stone. Mow the lawn and get a workout. Not to mention if your mowing the lawn in the sun you can get a tan.
7. Cleaning The House- staying active and lots of squatting highlight this routine. You will feel better about yourself by being productive and cleaning.
8. Bicycling- Build up cardio and your legs riding bikes. You can also get fresh air and ride with a partner.
It goes without saying that a proper diet is just as important as exercise for having a healthy body. Eating fruits and vegetables are very important. Cut down food portions during each meal and that will help a great amount.
Be sure and drink plenty of water when exercising to avoid becoming dehydrated. This is especially important if the workout takes place in the sun.
* Please share any ideas you may have that help keep people in tip top shape by leaving comments in the capsule located at the bottom of this exercise article.
Push Ups For Beginners
Simple Ways To Stay Fit
© 2013 Buster Johnson