- Exercise & Fitness
The Silent Exerciser Called the Nautilus R514 Recumbent Exercise Bike
More recumbent exercisers
The Nautilus R514 recumbent exercise bike is an exerciser worth its name. It is packed with features, which you always wished your exercise bike had. The bike is sturdily built and it can support weights up to 300 lbs. The bike can easily accommodate individuals of any height. The bike is a great convenience in a family environment where the husband is quite tall, and the wife is of a moderate height. The height readjustments between persons can be made in a jiffy. The bike is not very bulky, and it occupies very little space of your home. The bike is packed with features which promise to get you in shape in a considerably short period of time. The specialty of this bike is that it operates silently. Further, the bike’s warranty promises that the bike’s frame will last for 10 long years.
The features that are packed into the bike which can never be missed out are:
- The bike is programmed with 7 profile workout courses which you could choose and complete, to get into shape.
- The bike is armed with devices which helps you monitor your heart as you workout. The Power heart monitor uses various means to monitor your heart; it uses telemetry, it uses a chest belt, and it also uses your grip on the handlebars.
- The bike gives you the option to program 2 user profiles into it.
- The bike uses a resistance system that can be electronically controlled; the resistance system uses magnetism for noise free operation.
- The bike has a LCD display that is soothingly illuminated by a blue backlight.
- The bike has provisioned seat adjustments that are multipoint.
- The bike has a fan which can blow a cool breeze when you are sweating it out.
- The bike has a step-through design which gives you the convenience of stepping on and stepping out of the bike in a very easy way.
- The lumbar support of the bike too is easily adjustable.
- The bike gives you the convenience of oversized pedals, and it also has provisions for storing a water bottle and magazine.
- The bike also has a gear basket attached to it which could be put to good use.
Monitor your heart as you exercise
The Nautilus R514 recumbent exercise bike is integrated with the Polar heart rate monitor. Polar heart rate monitors are designed to monitor your heart, analyze the readings, and make suggestions whether to increase or decrease your workouts. These devices are used specifically for training routines and their programs guide you in ensuring that you receive the required amount of workout. The Nautilus R514 recumbent exercise bike has 4 such heart rate programs programmed into it which will help you with your workouts. You could select the program you desire and the program will suggest the duration of your workout, the resistance required, and so forth.
Why is the Nautilus R514 recumbent exercise bike silent while operational?
This bike uses a magnetic resistance system to provide resistance to your workouts. Since the mechanism that provides resistance is magnetic, unlike other bikes which use the friction mechanism, the bike does not produce any noise during its operation. Further, the degree of resistance can be increased or decreased using the touch screen electronic console.
The Nautilus R514 recumbent exercise bike is easy to assemble and it hardly takes any storage space; this is a good training equipment that can be easily accommodated at your home. The noiseless operation that the bike provides too is an added advantage within a home environment. Since the bike uses the magnetic resistance system to control the degree of resistance it generates, the bike can be used in a very hassle free manner. No levers are required to be turned, or loosened etc. You need to just select the resistance level from the touch screen console; the bike can produce up to 16 levels of resistance.
The Power heart rate monitor programs can be used for efficient workouts, and it helps you in reaching your desired fitness levels within a considerably short period of time. Likewise, the bike has the provision for multi-point seat adjustments and this is a great convenience when individuals with different heights have to share the bike.
The disadvantage of this bike is that it is delivered in a disassembled form. The bike has to be assembled by following the instructions from the user manual; the assembling can become a menace if the instructions are not followed in the right way.
Best value for money
This is definitely a good bike to buy and it has features which are quite futuristic. The bike is sturdy and rigid and it has been designed to last long. Since the resistance levels can be controlled electronically, the bike is a pleasure to manage and operate. The extra large pedals allow you to workout wearing your shoes. The strongest feature of the bike is the heart rate monitor from Power. If the programs that Power has provided with the bike are put to good use, the bike can be a gem of an exerciser which trains as well as exercises you into good health and shape.