14 Sign's Of Serotonin Imbalance
Serotonin Deficiency is more commonly referred to as having a lack of Serotonin.It's scientific name is 5-hydrotryptamine (5-HT). It's most commonly found in the Gastrointestinal Tract,Brain,Central Nervous System and Blood Platelet's.
It's in charge of regulating:
- Intestinal Movements
It also aid's in helping:
- Provide the feeling of well-being and happiness
The Article Will Describe
- The Signs Of Serotonin Imbalance
- Possible Causes For Imbalance
- What Serotonin And Motivation Have To Do With One Another
- How To Boost Serotonin Naturally And Effectively
Sign's Of Serotonin Imbalance
- Lack Of Motivation (Moderate to Severe)
- Easily Agitated
- Feeling overwhelmed with sadness
- Impaired cognitive function(trouble with: memory,paying attention,focusing,mental clarity etc)
- Insomnia or trouble falling/staying asleep
- Negative thoughts with no real purpose
- Very strong craving's for carbohydrate's and sugar cravings
- OCD and Obsessive Thoughts
- Change In Personality
- Lack of exercise
- Food Allergies
- Lack of sleep
- Being exposed to toxic chemicals
- Drug Overdose
- Candida Overgrowth
- Lack of blood flow to the brain
- Progesterone Deficiency
- Deficiency of the Human Growth Hormone
- Abnormal Serotonin Receptor's
- Lack of sunlight exposure
- Deficiencies of multiple minerals and vitamins
Serotonin And Motivation
Serotonin play's quite a large role in your motivation.There is even a medical condition called Amotivational Syndrome which is caused from lack of Serotonin. The lack of motivation is on more of a severe level rather than a mild case. An individual may have no motivation to go out and do the thing's that really need to be done.
Many people may not see Serotonin Deficiency as an extreme health condition. I beg to differ,after an accidental overdose at the age of 14, I have permanent Serotonin Deficiency. And I can honestly say that it is an extreme condition.
The depression is not like a general sadness that comes with textbook depression. The type of depression that is associated with Serotonin Deficiency is a constant battle with your mind of whether or not you should end your life.No matter how well thing's may be going in your life, you still have the nagging feeling to end it all.
Just as with the depression, the severe lack of motivation is another thing that will wreak havoc on your life. The people around you feel like you are extremely lazy, and may mistaken it for Apathy.But it is really much more complex than that.
Any individual that is suffering from lack of serotonin should seek treatment as soon as possible. Whether they choose to try a natural treatment or get a prescription medication, it is really up to them.
Although, there is something that you should remember, the prescription's only replace the Serotonin temporarily. Natural treatment's are meant to push the body to naturally produce it. When your body is producing it on it's own you wont suffer from the sudden drop from not having enough of the medication in your body.
Boosting Serotonin Naturally
There are many natural supplement's and food's that can help boost Serotonin levels in the body. Some do a better job and instead of boosting it, it will remind the body to produce more of it naturally. When a person has to take medication's or supplement's to boost the Serotonin level's, the affect's don't last long. Which is why it is important for the body to produce Serotonin on it's own.
- 5HTP- Is synthetic Tryptophan, so it helps boost Serotonin level's just the same.5HTp helps regulate:emotions,behavior,appetite,thought and sleep.
- SAMe- Also called S-adenosylmethlonine. It helps boost serotonin level's as well as improve overall brain function.
- St. Johns Wort- Is very well known for it natural ability to boost serotonin levels to fight off Depression.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids- The fatty acid's in the fish oil's help vastly enhance brain function.
Food's That Help The Body Naturally Produce Serotonin
- Dark Chocolate
© 2013 Alecia Brown