The best things in life are free, but why?
The more we have the more we want
Green, I need green shoes!
The why is easy
If the best things in life are free, then why aren't we all happy with that? Money of course. If it's not free then it costs something. Sure, we have to have some type of income to survive in today's world and most of us do have some type of revenue coming in each month. But it's the constant feeling that we have to have more.......more gadgets, more clothes, more blings and more money just for the sake of having more money!
Why has it gotten that way? Why isn't eight pairs of shoes enough anymore, or a house that fits our family four instead of a house big enough to fit ten or more? We are conditioned to see our self worth in how much we have. When your neighbor is going on his third exotic trip of the year and you only could afford a "staycasion" you feel inadequate. Why does he have so much and I don't. You either beat yourself down, thinking you are worthless, a loser, or you work harder and longer to bring about that mental idea of "having it all." Either way it takes away the quality of life you COULD have if you looked at things differently.
Slow it down
We are constantly conditioned by the media, and the people in our lives that there is always something more out there we must have. So, changing your thinking won't be easy as you've lived this way your whole life, but it could be your way to a happier, healthier way of living for once.. The best things in life are things that slow us down enough to realize they are the best and learn to enjoy them instead of passing them by without even a second look.
Have you ever noticed when you're driving on the freeway, even if you aren't in a hurry, because everyone around you is scrambling at a fast pace you find yourself joining the madness? It's just conditioning you've become accustomed to, and you can train yourself to see it for what it is and relax and enjoy your drive, and your life.
Love, free and easy
If we didn't have our sense of sight how could we behold this?
Nature gives without a bill
The sun says "Hello" every morning. Do you reciprocate?
Just a few of life's best...no money needed
The important thing here is to noticing it and then appreciating it!
- Love. As they say, "Love makes the world go round." So really look at those you love and give them a call, or a hug. You both will feel so much better.
- Senses. Yes, your senses. They are free, yet you take them for granted. What if you couldn't taste that awesome steak, or see what your loved one looked like? Start savoring each sense and be thankful it costs you nothing to enjoy.
- Air. It's a no-brainer, but if you've ever experienced not having it, you know it's life giving and free.
- Nature. I could break this down into thousands of parts, like just the plethora of outstanding styles and colors of trees, but instead, just take a walk in the park and enjoy the relaxed setting as the ducks and squirrels show us life isn't so serious.
- Water. We can't live without it in some form. We are made primarily of water and it's all around us. Nothing is better on a scorching afternoon then a quenching drink of water.
- Earth. We live on an incredible planet. The intricate design is made to provide us with everything we need and it is gorgeous to behold.
- Sun. Without we wouldn't be here. Earth would be in total darkness, cold, dead. The sun is just the right distance to keep our oceans from evaporating and vegetation thriving. We take it for granted every day. Next time you feel the warmth on your skin, thank the sun for all it's blessings.
- People. It may sound strange, but what if you were the only one on this Earth? Sometimes we get frustrated with people, but without intelligent interactions we'd be like Tom Hanks in the movie "Cast Away" and find ourselves talking to a soccer ball. We need each other.
- Imagination. With your imagination you can go anywhere. You can have the man (or woman) of your dreams, or write an all time best novel. Imagination takes you anywhere you want to go, and humans are the only one that have it.
- Our bodies. God gave us these marvelous bodies free of charge, and it does not matter what gender or color you are, our bodies are where we live; how we experience this life.
Reducing stress through your senses
- Stress factors and ways of reducing it
Acknowledging you have too much stress and how to relieve it before it takes your happiness, health and quality of life away.