- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
Far From Anorexic - Societies Misconceptions
SICK OF TRYING TO FIND CLOTHING THAT WILL FIT
THE RIGHT ADVICE MATTERS
One of the sources of information that I will provide you, is by Katherine Zeratsky, R.D; L.D, who is a doctor at the respected Mayo Clinic throughout many parts of America, (Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research,(c) 1998 - 2016). Her nutritional information is valuable in helping those that are burdened with excessive low weight. Nutrition is certainly a major player involved in not gaining weight but it is certainly not the only issue at play.
Emotional state can have a huge impact on the ability to gain weight, demeaning comments from strangers change the way that you perceive yourself. Strangers make the assumption that you are either anorexic or that you choose not to eat as you perceive yourself as fat - the people I refer to under this topic are far from these examples. Stress can impact on your ability to gain weight as well because when the body is under high levels of stress, it can cause the body to behave as if it is starving for food. Non high impact exercise is crucial to keep the body functioning in a normal fashion and this should be done in conjunction with a controlled nutrition plan.
When undertaking all of this it is your frame of mind that will enhance the amalgamated processes to bring you out on top. Healthier and with a sense of overall well being.
As the author of this article I am also able to say that it has worked for me. I was very sick for a long time and I was told to get my affairs in order, that I had 8 weeks to live. Thank god I survived but being a naturally skinny person anyway, I had lost more weight than was healthy for me and had fallen down to 37 kg, I am 5 ft 6. This was not a healthy or comfortable position to be in, so I attempted this new approach towards my health and wellbeing - it worked! I am currently weighing in at 43 kg and I am gaining weight every day and getting stronger.
THE WRONG PERCEPTION OF STRANGERS
GIVE THE SYSTEM A GO
Stage 1. Understand that you have a weight issue and commit to a change!
Stage 2. Pick the right foods.
1. Peanut Butter is key ( NOT if you are allergic), most seeds and nuts.
2. Multi-grain breads, most cereals (with the least sugar).
3. Advocado combined with other vegetables and fruit.
4. eggs, any lean meats (protein is also crucial).
5. Pasta ( with an occasional creamy sauce is fine).
6. Purchase a shake powder called Sustagen or a similar product ( this is NOT a body building protein drink). This product is consumed mixed in a glass of milk or water and contains all the vitamins and minerals you require to keep your health on track while you try to gain weight, it is used in addition to your regular meals, NOT as a replacement for them and should be consumed at least once per day. The product is high in fibre and is suggested by hospitals for people who have suffered a major illness, to aid in their recovery. The product can be purchased from any chemist. Cheese in moderation.
Stage 3. Forget your regular meals 3 times a day. Katherine suggests at least 5 small meals per day and if at all possible 6 small meals.
Stage 4. Do not fill up your stomach with to much liquid, please attempt to eat first and then have a drink.
Stage 5. Exercise is crucial! This is key to getting your body to function normally on the inside, upon losing dramatic amounts of weight you may find that you have less muscle tone and perhaps even feel weaker in the muscles.
*** Keep in mind at all times that this is not a quick fix, it will take some time. It may take 6 months or it may take a couple of years but you will be healthier and happier for undertaking it.
I recommend staying on the sustagen for as long as possible. This product will help you stay regular while your body adjusts to a more frequent eating schedule. The first 3-5 days is the hardest, you will start thinking that you just could not eat another thing but please persist, it will be worth it in the long run.
GIVE SUSTAGEN A GO
STICK WITH IT!
It will be a long road but stick with it as it will be worth it in the long run.
Go shopping for the rights foods that are high in healthy calories and make sure you purchase some Sustagen.
Then simply remind yourself that you are doing this for you and not for anybody else, don't let comments from strangers get you down - you know your outcome will be a positive one if you stay consistent.
Good luck and give me some feedback on how you go. :)
Please review this article
© 2016 skellie