Things You Could Do With Two Extra Hours a Day
So little time...
We all have days like that, thinking that there is so little time, so many things to get done.
As a matter of fact, I have been feeling this way since yesterday. I guess it has something to do with the end of the month looming ever so closely. I think that those who work with end-of-the-month deadlines will be able to relate.
I also think we've all reached the point where we barter with the Universe, asking for an additional hour or two just to get by. Of course, we never get those extra hours, but we do get by.
Still, it's a nice thought, isn't it? And if we do a little thinking, pruning of ideas, and juggling, we just might be able to maximize the time that we have even more. This hub is a mixture of wishful and practical thinking. I hope you pick something up!
What you could do with an extra two hours [Infographic]
This is the inspiration for my hub: this infographic titled "What you could do with an extra two hours".
I am pretty sure we can all come up with our own lists of what we could do with two extra hours a day, but I just could not resist this retro-looking graphic. Not only does it look pretty, it also shows some startling facts about people today.
You can see the entire infographic below (with link to the source for better viewing), but here are the top three things people would do if they had two extra hours a day.
- Write a bestseller. Astounding number, really: 80% of the respondents said they want to publish a book.
- Take the kids to the park. 67% of employed parents wish they have more time to spend with their kids. This is an age old issue that I think should be resolved - with or without those two extra hours.
- Plan the perfect date night. 63% of married employees need more time to nurture their relationships. Not surprising at all.
Other things that people have come up with include starting a dream business (I actually thought this would be higher up), rediscover or pick up a hobby, learn to meditate, and get a solid night's rest.
Take a look at the graphic below for more. Next up, my own list!
Want more infographics?
- Daily Infographic
Daily Infographic delivers new infographics every day. From personal finance to bacon consumption, we're your daily one-stop headquarters for new compelling, data-filled illustrations.
- Infographic Design
Infographiclabs is the first place to check when you need beautiful, handcrafted and well researched infographics.
- Cool Infographics
Get your infographic fix.
What I would do with two extra hours a day
When I first started this hub, I was rather excited, thinking that I will not have any problems listing things that I would do if I had more time. I was right. There are so many things I wish I had more time to do. I have culled my list down to a handful.
- Spend more time outside. I tend to get holed up in my own world, working inside the house. I really ought to take more time to enjoy the sunshine and the outdoors.
- Read for pleasure. I read a lot, but it's mostly for work. I love reading fantasy and science fiction, and I should just set aside time to do this no matter what.
- Exercise regularly. By this, I mean go swimming, walk in the woods, ride the bike, and do yogilates. I get so caught up in deadlines and work that I do not find the time to do these things that I actually enjoy.
- Call a family member/old friend. This is what I am really bad at, and I don't think I can say more about it.
That's a very short list, you might be thinking. This is true, because as I started listing things down, I realized that I probably could squeeze these things in my schedule. If I really wanted to. We'll never get two extra hours. Not even one. But we'll be able to do more things that hold more meaning if we make them a priority. Now that's a totally different story, isn't it?