Tips On How To Lose Weight And Stay Toned
Keeping Toned And Healthy
The only single way to keep excess weight off and stay healthy and toned, is a healthy diet with exercise on a regular basis. Preferably five times a week 30-60 minutes each day. The abdomen can be one of the most difficult areas to keep toned and in tip-top shape. With the following exercise tips you will have the motivation you need to help you keep your tummy toned, as well as your entire body.
Don’t put it off any longer, get up today and start an exercise program. Don’t less self-doubt, lack of motivation, laziness, or procrastination rule your life. Take one day at a time and work toward your goal of working out at least five days a week. Building an exercise routine that works best for you, while it makes you look and most of all, feel great about yourself.
Super Toning Exercise Tips
- First check with your doctor before starting any kind of exercise program. It is better to start an exercise program when you are injury free. You doctor can record your blood pressure, cholesterol levels and tell you if you are healthy enough to begin an exercise program. You then can set a goal to improve on your test results if they came up with not so good numbers. Once you have the thumbs up, start setting goals for yourself.
- Increase your daily activities. To lose weight and keep it off, making a daily commitment to exercise will help you do that. Adding one small movement to an activity you already do, is just a bonus. Instead of just watching TV, walk on the treadmill or stationary bicycle while watching your favorite TV show. Do extra work around the house, take a short walk around your house or apartment complex. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park further from the building you are entering. Adding time to each of your activities add up to a gradual, yet noticeable weight loss. The activities you add will also make you feel like you are accomplishing something. Giving you a self-confidence boost.
- Try some resistance training. Adding muscle and losing fat will help tone your body. Try low impact resistance training to turn that fat into muscle. Resistance training works best if done at least three days per week. You can use light free weights that include dumbbells, or if you like the gym setting, use the gym and train on weight machines. Resistance bands are also an excellent and versatile choice, one that you can use anytime, at home or at the gym. Even on your lunch hour at work can give you a short but affective work-out.
- Walking. Brisk walking is excellent for toning all parts of the body. Not to mention your heart. If you commit to walking on most days the low-intensity endurance training combined with resistance training will have your body toned, and if done regularly you will have noticeable results in no time. Walking is one of the easiest exercises to do. A good pair of walking shoes and clothing is all you need. And the rest is up to you. Outside or indoors, make it a fun and exciting choice.
- Work that tummy. To tone your abdomen try abdominal crunches. Regular crunches if done properly will tone and tighten your tummy. Start out slow concentrating on your lower tummy. Start out with five, adding one per week. Begin lying on the floor with knee bent. Arms to your side, or preferably behind your head. Curl very slowly for a count of two. And a count of four going back down. Concentrate on your range of motion. Doing the crunches slowly will be what works your tummy and gets it into the shape you desire. For a more detailed crunch take a look at this video.
The proper way to do a crunch
Hubs You Might Enjoy...
- Are You A Clean Freak?
Not everyone likes to clean. There are those people who take cleaning to the next level and make a career out of cleaning, living in a spotless living space is something they crave, and something they will...
- How To Develop A Writing Habit
For some people writing comes easy, with just a blink of an eye. Yet for others it may take a bit more practice and reaching for those ever elusive ideas. But one thing is for sure, writing everyday for a...
- Simple Tips On How To Stay Healthy
Getting healthy and staying on the path to wellness is an ongoing pursuit for many of us. Maintaining a healthy diet, losing weight, and staying healthy takes commitment and motivation. To maintain these...