- Personal Health Information & Self-Help»
- Self-Help for Sleep Issues & Sleeplessness
Tips To Cure Your Snoring Problem Quickly
Snoring may seem like "normal" enough, "common" enough, and just "harmless" enough. But if left untreated for a long time, it can be dangerous and harmful. This is why there are snoring devices and products out there to help reducing and cure snoring.
How can snoring be dangerous?
Some people may ask, how can snoring be dangerous? Snoring is not a disease, how can it even be fatal?
Loud snoring is more dangerous than the quieter one. The louder you snore in your sleep, the more dangerous it can be. How? Because when you snore, your relaxed throat muscles allow the throat to become excessively narrow, and in result, less air enters your system. Not only this, in result of less air entering your system, breathing could even stop for approximately 10 seconds or more. This is called "sleep apnea".
Tips to stop your snoring problem
1. Try to sleep on your side, so that your neck will be much more relaxed than if you lie on your back.
2. No alcohol! Alcohol will only make your snoring worse.
3. No sleeping pills! Sleeping pills are more likely to cause you to snore!
4. Stop smoking! This can improve your respiratory system a lot!
5. Do your daily exercise so that you can stay fit and healthy, hence reduce probability of snoring (overweight people tend to snore more).