Tips - Vacation While On Your Periods
Tips for going on vacation while on your period
Menstruation is a natural process occurring in every human female during their
reproductive age group. It’s not a thing to get hurried and worried. It’s a natural process and let it happen in its own way. The following tips will help you ease your periods:
- Prepare a chart marking the expected date of periods.
- Make sure that you have enough pads and innerwears with you.
- Take plenty of water during periods.
- Avoid spicy and pungent foods.
- Change your pads every 4-6 hours according to your flow to prevent infection and feel fresh.
- If your periods are troublesome take pain killers and have it in the morning. (only if necessary)
- If you have to plunge into water you had better use tampons.
- While using tampons you should change it in every 4 hours, as the chances of infection are more since it lies in close contact with internal organs.
- Regular use of tampons can cause toxic shock syndrome; if you are a regular user make it free at night.
- Don’t hesitate to plunge into pool or beach as it causes a decrease in your flow or even stop it as long as you are in water.
- Drugs like Primalut-N can delay your menses. Take it daily at night 5-7 days prior to the onset of your menses and continue until you are ready to receive.
The first period kit for girls
- Certain oral contraceptive pills also can delay your menses.
- A preparation of lime and water taken frequently few days prior to the periods can delay it.
- Taking Vinegar can delay your menses.
- The abdominal distress caused by menses can be eased by using ginger in hot water.
- If you have interrupted flow hot drinks will help.
- If you have excess flow cold water gives you relief.
- Carbonated drinks also can modify your abdominal pain.
- Take plenty of fruits and vegetables and this will keep you cool.
- Lemon will help you reduce the nauseating feeling during periods.
- Raw pineapple and papaya can make your periods earlier.
- Try to satisfy all your basic needs as far as possible which help you to be in ease.
- Give preference to dark colored comfortable dress than a light colored plain one.
- Take food in small amounts and in increased frequency so that abdominal discomfort can be reduced.
- Take plenty of rest at night.
Delaying or suppressing menstruation causes disturbances in hormone levels and is not a healthy practice. So take your hands off. Have happy periods.