Tips on Losing Weight and eating Healthy
- Don't give up the things you love: This was a hard one for me because I automatically thought that the only thing I could eat was meat, veggies and fruit. But thats not the case, and since I have realized that I can eat a cupcake or a donut once in a while its easier for me to stay on track.
- Listen to your body not the scale: When your eating healthy it is amazing how your body feels just 2 or 3 days in. But that doesn't mean that it will show on the scale. But don't let that discourage you. Listen to your body and keep doing your best, it will eventually show.
- Start Slow: If you are just starting to work out, take it easy. Don't go out and run a mile, that will hurt your body more then help it. Start slow and gradually increase the intensity.
- Drink Water: Drinking water is one of the best and easiest ways to start a diet. If you don't drink water at all start will 3 or 4 cups and slowly increase until you get to 8 a day. It is amazing the difference it makes.
- Find a partner: Working out and eating healthy with someone makes it easier. You can share your strengths and your weaknesses and give each other courage.
- Join a group: If you don't have any support, then join a group. There are a lot of groups online that you can join for free. There are also groups like weight watchers that help you lose weight and celebrate your triumphs.
- Don't get discouraged: One week you may lose 10 pounds, the next week you may only lose one or even gain a pound. Its just a bit of a plateau and it will pass.
Losing weight is very difficult and to do it the healthy way, takes a while. Trust me I know, i am currently trying to lose weight. It doesn't come without its struggles, but I keep looking to the future and waiting to see that thin and healthy me.