Tips on staying positive in life
Life is hard, deal with it by being happy
There are so many things that can get us down during a typical day, especially a work day. You wake up semi positive about the impending things you have to do and all it takes is one little thing and BAM! you're irate and discouraged. The whole day is down the drain before 9 a.m. and you are ready to bury your head under the covers until the sun comes up the next day.
The fact of the matter is, life is hard. A constant struggle to keep your head above water for most people. Yes, even rich people. I have a hard time believing that myself, I know. Even rich people have problems. Granted they do not have to stress about money but when one stress factor is eliminated, others take their place.
Below are some tips and helpful reminders to stay positive when life gets you down. Commit them to memory as they will be needed the next time shit hits the fan.
1. Relax your mind-Take some time off for yourself. Go to a quiet place or put some relaxing music on your iPod. I don't care if you are Octo-Mom babysitting for the Duggar's, find 10 minutes to spare for YOU. Ask for help if you must because you have to get some mental peace in order to deal with the chaos that is life.
2. Get some rest- Bad dreams, upset stomach, worry, racing thoughts. All reasons you can't sleep. Try. Let go of all thoughts and imagine a blank piece of paper, a white candle, a blank canvas. Blank out your mind. Your body and mind cannot recover from stress and negativity with no rest.
3. Stop telling yourself you suck-The more you tell yourself you suck, you can't, you failed, you are a mess, you are ugly, fat, too thin, etc. the more you set yourself up for failure. Think positive thoughts and pick out a few things you are good at or that you like about yourself to remind yourself of during each day. Don't tell me you don't have any good qualities, either. You are worthy. You just feel like you are not. Get over it!
4. It could be worse-There are people out there more broke than you, more sick than you, who have suffered more loss than you, who have been jobless longer than you. Remember that life is hard and it's a constant struggle. Accepting that fact makes it easier to cope when times are so hard you want to hide in a hole somewhere.
5. Talk to someone- No one likes a Debbie Downer. It gets really old when someone is a constant reminder of all things negative. However, venting and getting things off your chest is a positive thing, no matter how negative you feel. Tell a friend. Write a journal or blog. Get the feelings out and remember it is going to get better. It sometimes gets worse before it gets better so hang in there.
6. Seek help- Never be ashamed to seek professional help. Some of us don't have a lot of friends or acquaintances we can confide in. It's a busy life. Contact a medical professional if you can't get out of the funk you're in. Life is very hard, remember? Don't hesitate to get some help.
This too shall pass. Now pass this along!