How to lose weight fast naturally
Obesity is serious health issue that not only affects your appearance and lowers your self esteem but also has a detrimental affect your overall health. Many health problems, such as : Type 2-Diabetes, high blood pressure or strokes and increased risk of strokes or heart attacks have been found to be associated with Obesity. So, we must take care of our weight and keep it under check. You do not always need to go for complex procedures like liposuction and extensive weight loss programs and end up shelling out lots of money. If you have a strong will then you can shed those extra Kilos in a natural and safe way. The first step is making a commitment to yourself and that you want to live a healthier life and look better. In order to achieve that, you should be willing to make a few adjustments and sacrifices in your dietary habits and your lifestyle preferences. Another important thing is accepting that the process has to be slow and steady. Start by introducing and accepting one change at a time. In subsequent weeks, you can add up on the changes to speed up the process of weight loss because trying to do too much simultaneously, leads to failure. Another important measure is to keep the record of each and everything you consume so, that you can monitor better.
You need to know your ideal body weight before you decide on a target weight that you need to reach. Body Mass Index or BMI, is a simple way of calculating a person’s ideal weight by correlating it with height. There are many BMI calculators available online which you may use to check your target weight.
Below are a few natural tips and tricks that would help you shed weight fast, in the most natural way…
- Never skip your breakfast. If you consume a proper breakfast, you tend to feel fuller through the day and are less likely to binge and indulge in overeating throughout the day. Go for a high fibre meal like oatmeal with fresh fruits or sprouts.
- Keep your dinner light. May be just a bowl of soup with some salad. Also, keep your meals properly timed.
- Do not skip your mid day snack. This could be a bowl of sliced watermelon, coconut water or buttermilk. All these keep you hydrated and reduce food cravings.
- Introduce Spices like ginger and cinnamon to your meals.
- Make sure you drink at least eight glasses of water in a day.
- Sip on a glass of warm lemon water and honey to kick-start your metabolism.
- Green tea contains a powerful antioxidant called catechins that activate the conversion of body fats into energy. So, consume half a cup after each meal.
- Switch your Desi ghee with Olive oil for cooking meals.
- Add Flax seeds that are a great source of Omega 3 fatty acids. They are tasteless so, you can add them to pretty much everything that you eat.
- Cut down on empty calories and consume more of proteins.
- Cut Down on the Liquid Calories like soda and fruit juice that damage the waistline. This will help you to lose 1-3 pounds in just 7 days. Water contains zero calories and is also useful to hydrate the body to increase metabolism and burn calories.
- Eat more of Fiber food instead of the "white" food in your diet. You can replace them with whole grain foods for white bread to prepare sandwiches and brown rice for dinner. This is useful as they help you in weight loss fast by clearing out the digestive system. It can also keep you feel fuller for longer duration and help to eat low throughout the day.
- Do minimum of 30-45 Minutes of any Physical Activity in a Day that will help you to increase the heart rate to lower weight by 3 pounds in just 7 days. You can also opt for just simple walking or jogging everyday for 30 minutes. Physical activity can also include swimming, bicycling, or any other that elevates your heart rate and helps in fat burning.
Foods that help to lose weight fast naturally are:
- Brown rice
- Brown bread,
- Salads like: tomatoes, cucumbers
- Dark chocolate
- Lettuce leaves
- Dry fruits like walnuts
- Corn flakes.
Exercise in unconventional ways:
Sedentary lifestyle is a chief reason behind so many being obese. So try these simple yet effective ways to exercise
- Keep moving your legs while you are on desk.
- Try to stand and work whenever possible.
- Move around in your workplace for five to ten minutes after every sitting session of 45 minutes.
- Use the stairs instead of elevators whenever possible.
- Practice pranayama in your lunch time. You may encourage a few friends to join you in a short Yoga session of ten minutes.