- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
Top 10 Food to Help You Sleep Better
food to help you sleep
Top 10 food to help you sleep
The pain of insomnia can only be felt through experience. In the silent night, if you are sleepless, please try the 12 kinds of food to help you get a better sleep.
1. vinegar: Some people feel fatigue after long hours of travel and sleepless. You can mix some vinegar into water to drink it slowly, and then close your eyes and be calm, you can quikly fall asleep that way.
2. Syrup: if you are sleepless because of anger and restlessness, drink one cup of syrup, because syrup can turn into large amount of serotonin. This substance get into brain can restrain the cerebral cortex so that sleeping become easy.
3. Milk: the tryptophan contains in milk is one of the 8 essential amino acids. It not only restrains the brain excitement but also make people feel weary. Tryptophan contains in one cup of milk is enough to make people sleep and dive into dream fast.
4. Fruit: if you feel too tired to sleep, eat some apple, banana before sleeping. It resists muscle fatigue. If you put some oranges beside your pillow, the nice smell also put you sleep fast.
5. Bread: if you are sleepless, eat some bread, it can relax you for a while and help you sleep better.
6. Millet: millet not only contains rich nutrition, the tryptophan amount is the most among cereal. It strengthens the spleen and stomach, can help you sleep fast. Cooking method: take some millet and cook with some water, eat it before dinner or sleep.
7. Fresh lotus root: it contains a lot of carbohydrates and rich calcium, phosphorus, iron and many kinds of vitamins. It can clear heat, nourish blood and remove worries. It heals deficiency of blood and insomnia. Cooking method: take some fresh lotus root and cook over a slow fire, chop into pieces and add some honey and take it.
8. Sunflower seed: sunflower seed is rich in protein, sugar and many kinds of vitamins, amino acids and unsaturated fatty acid. It nourishes blood, balances liver and lowers blood pressure and cholesterol. Eating some sunflower seeds every night can induce sleeping amazingly.
9. Lotus seed: lotus seed is delicious and has nice smell, it can nourishes blood and heart, good to spleen and nerve. Biologist suggests that lotus seed alkali, glucoside contained in it can have calming effects. It lets pancreas secrete insulin to produce more tryptophan so that people can get easy sleep. Everynight having some lotus seeds soaked in syrup can help you sleep better.
10. Dates: dates is sweet, it contains sugar, protein, vitamin C, organic acid, sticky substance, iron, calcium, phosphorus. It lets you fall asleep easily. Taking 30 to 60 grams of dates every night to cook can help you sleep better.
Related Hot hubs
- Top 10 Food to Boost Longevity
what are the best 10 food to boost health and lengevity? Many research groups have something in common, check them out.
- 7 Refreshing Food to Recommend
freshing food can help you concentrate on your work and quickly recover from fatigue. I listed 7 kinds of refreshing food to recommend, be sure to check them out.