Top 10 Herbal Remedies for High Blood Pressure
Treating High Blood Pressure Herbally
In the present day world of stress and anxiety a majority of Americans suffer from the problem of high blood pressure. It is considered to be a silent killer. If left untreated it might even lead to coronary diseases, kidney failure, stroke and heart diseases. There are various herbal remedies which can be taken for the treatment of high blood pressure.
1. Garlic: Garlic has an effective ingredient called as allicin which is antibacterial and antioxidant and contains anti-hypertension properties. So intake of garlic helps in lowering blood pressure as was revealed in a study undertaken at ‘Clinical Research Centre of New Orleans’. Apart from this, eating fresh garlic is said to be better than processed garlic because it has more cardio-protective properties. Garlic helps in clearing the arteries of cholesterol and plaque. It is also effective in reducing blood clotting and thereby widens the arteries.
2. Cinnamon: This is an essential herb which helps in protection against heart diseases and diabetes also. In a study conducted at “The Center for Applied Health Sciences in Ohio” it was revealed that those who drank cinnamon dissolved in water had lower blood pressure levels than others.
3. Onions: Onions contain an ingredient quercetin which is an antioxidant and helps in preventing heart diseases like stroke.
4. Olives: These are one of the healthiest herbs in the world and form an essential part of Meditteranean diet. The olive oil has been found to lower down the blood pressure levels.
5. Oregano: It contains a compound ‘carvacrol’ which has been found useful in treatment against blood pressure.
6. Hawthorn berries and ginkgo biloba: are known to help in dilating the arteries and thereby makes movement of blood through heart a bit easier.
7. Passion flower, valerian, limeflower: are known to contain sedative properties and thereby helps in reducing blood pressure. These are basically tranquilizing herbs and if you have high blood pressure caused due to stress and anxiety then these are good to use.
8. Cayenne pepper and horseradish: are the herbs which help in improving blood circulation and thereby treat those with high blood pressure.
9. Indian Gooseberry: This is yet another effective herbal remedy for those suffering with high blood pressure. It is also known as amla in India. You just need to mix amla with honey and take it as the very first thing in the morning, or else take amla with milk which is effective in reducing blood pressure.
10. Arjuna: This is a powerful herb which is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It is effective in reducing stress and anxiety accompanied by nervousness. It also reduces the effect of stress hormone in the heart.
Worth Reading and Sharing
- How to Cure Sore Throat Naturally- 15 Best Home Remedies
How to Cure Sore Throat Naturally- 15 Best Home Remedies is all about using natural products for curing the throat pain. Read on to know the various home remedies which you can use for gargling.
- Herbal Remedy for Frequent Urination
Herbal Remedy for Frequent Urination, know the various herbs avaialble which can ease out the problem of excessive urination, treat urinary tract infection and also calms and soothes the bladder
- Home Remedies for Curing Different Kinds of Pain
get rid of back pain,joint pain,knee pain naturally. adopt more of herbs and natural products in your daily life to get rid of pain