- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
Top 5 ways to cure High Blood Pressure
NON-DRUG TREATMENT OF HYPERTENSION:
- DIET: Very low Sodium diets may reduce blood pressure,Patients may be advised to have a mixed diet and encouraged not to add excess salt or eat food with a high Sodium content.Hypertensive obese Patients often finds that their Blood Pressure improves when they lose weight. Excessive Alcohol consumption may cause or exacerbate hypertension.
- SMOKING: Patients should Avoid smoking because the effects of cigarette smoking and Hypertension on Cardiovascular morbidity are additive, and smoking should be discouraged.
- EXERCISE: Regular exercise improves physical fitness and is to be encouraged. Weight Lifting may cause rise in blood pressure and should be avoided.
- RELAXATION: It is customary to advise Patients to AVOID STRESS and relax themselves.
ANTI-HYPERTENSIVE DRUG THERAPY:
Many Patients can be satisfactorily treated with a single anti-hypertensive drug, the choice of which will be determined by safety, convenience and freedom from side effects. Another large group will require a combination of two or three anti-hypertensive agents to give good control with a low level of side effects.