Top 4 New Year's Resolutions
Happy New Year!
New Year's Resolutions
Much like the birth of a newborn baby, New Year's signifies a time of hope, change, and renewal of our spirits. Even if only symbolically by flipping the page of a calendar, it gently reminds us to look back over the previous year for ways to become better humans, and to be grateful we've survived another year. So take a look at the top 4 New Year's Resolutions, and make yours happen this year!
New Year's Resolutions
How long are you able to keep the momentum going with your New Year's Resolutions?
How to succeed at your New Year's Resolutions
- Spend some time brainstorming.
- Create a realistic and attainable set of goals, write these down, as well as outline a plan and time frame to make them happen. By knowing exactly what you want to accomplish, you know where you have to concentrate your efforts. Even if it takes a series of "mini" goals to reach the final target.
- Remember that most New Year's Resolutions are lifestyle changes, it's going to take effort, perseverance, patience, and may feel very uncomfortable and awkward at first. You may encounter relapses, when this happens, focus on getting back on track.
An excellent way of making New Year's Resolutions long lasting is to use the SMART mnemonic. While there are many variants, SMART usually stands for:
- S – Specific (or well-defined).
- M – Measurable (and Meaningful).
- A – Attainable (or Action-Oriented).
- R – Relevant (or Rewarding).
- T – Time-bound (or Trackable).
Lose weight easily
- How to lose weight without dieting and working out
Here are some tips on how to shed pounds without much effort. Some healthy, some not, try these at your own risk. You don't have to diet or work out to lose weight.
#1 Get in shape, lose weight, eat healthy
Many people around the world want to lose weight, eat better and get in shape. Not only for New Year's, but for a long and healthy life. Making diet and physical changes cannot simply be done with a quick resolution. You need to incorporate health maintenance and eating habits as a lifestyle! That means, not just for this year, but forever!
Again the importance of a plan cannot be understated. In order to succeed at this lifestyle change, you have to commit to yourself and to your health.
- Do not deprive yourself of your favorite food or treats, telling yourself "I will never eat cheesecake again" creates a binge pattern. Or worse yet, makes you give up and revert back to old habits! And that is the last thing you want!
- Restrict calories.
- Get exercising! First, do what is appropriate and manageable for your specific health state and conditions. Consult a physician if needed, getting a physical is never a bad idea! Start small and increase intensity, routines, and changes.
- Consider joining a gym or exercise group which will help you stay accountable and focused.
- Celebrate and monitor success to improve momentum and stay committed!
- Harmful effects to the body from smoking cigarettes ...
What will happen and go on within your body when you quit smoking? Keep reading to find out! Stop smoking today, right now, it's bad for you!
- Electronic Analog Cigarettes Vaping vs. Analog smoki...
Smoke, quit smoking, keep smoking. It's your choice. I chose Vaping for a safer alternative because I wasn't ready to quit
- Signs, symptoms and treatment of nicotine overdose
How easy is it to overdose on nicotine? Not as easy as one would think. How do you know the warning signs, symptoms and how do you treat a potential overdose?
#2 Give up vices, like smoking, drinking, or other drug use
Addictions can be the most difficult to change or stop all-together. Not only are they physical but mental, and often they are deeply integrated in our psyches and every day habits. Drinking and smoking being the major offenders. To the right, I've included other articles that are helpful for educating yourself and offering suggestions for quitting smoking success.
As with any addiction: food, smoking, drinking, or other substances, the main ingredient for success is the true and heartfelt desire to quit.
- Commit to quitting, you need to decide 100% that your health is priority.
- Guard your sobriety as if it was gold!
- Consider what you truly are losing by giving up something so unhealthy, keep this thought or thoughts at the forefront of your mind, especially when encountering triggers.
- Note your triggers and create new activities to put in their place.
- Join a support group.
- If you fall short and have a relapse, DO NOT give up!
Any success when it comes to addiction is always worthy of celebration.
- You can make yourself rich from being poor
Symptoms & solutions to free your thinking and change your behavior, so that you become richer financially and spiritually; you can cultivate a richer life on many levels with some changes.
- Ridiculous ways to save more money!
Do you frequently ask yourself
- Financial spending habits that save you lots of mone...
Easy financial spending habits to incorporate into your life that will save you lots of money...sit back and watch the savings build without feeling deprived...
- Fire your cable provider!
There are to many options now for entertainment to entertain a cable company with your income! Fire your cable provider!
- How to lower your natural gas bill before winter str...
There are a few easy things you can do in less than 20 minutes to lower your natural gas bill before winter strikes... read on to find out how...
#3 Organize finances, get out of debt, pay off bills, save money
Many people are up to their ass in debt and financial stress. They lose sleep over finances, damage personal relationships with arguments sometimes end up divorced, and encounter depression.
It doesn't have to be this way and you don't have to live like a poor person to make some significant changes. Use my tips and suggestions to save money, links are located to the right.
- Get organized, buy file folders to prioritize bills, expenses, and credit or student loans.
- Define your standard of living and figure out what you are willing and able to do without, give up, or modify. Brainstorm for ideas to generate additional income.
- Get rid of unused credit cards, or open accounts that you no longer have a purpose for. It's as simple as calling the credit card company and closing the account.
- Set payment goals for debt in reasonable and attainable intervals.
- Take a large deep breath, work on your plan, and remember that life "is what it is" and be still. If you are Christian, use a mantra, one as precious as "be still and know that I am God" to renew your faith and know that everything will be okay and work out. Worrying far into the future is futile, it's not here yet, so no point in driving yourself insane over it.
Idiot's Guide to Going Back to College
#4 Improve your education or find a better job
Self improvement should be a lifelong process, as well as feeding your need for mental, physical, and spiritual enlightenment. Doing these things shouldn't be a simple New Year's Resolution, but even if you are labeling it as one, it's a great start! And a step in the right direction.
- Always have your resume updated, seek help if needed from a career counselor, or even your local library. If you're just looking to change jobs, start looking! Apply for jobs you may not even be entirely qualified for, if it is something you're passionate about, or just really want, apply! What is the worst that can happen? You get rejected! So what. All you have to do is try.
- Make a point to learn something new every day, this could be as simple as taking up a new hobby, learning how to cook, reading a new book, taking a local Yoga or community center class. Anything that feeds and improves the mind is the goal!
- Research career options, income expectations, and evaluate your current skill set to get a clear picture of which direction you need to go to make your dream job a reality.
Happy New Year!
And always remember, life is a gift. Celebrate and appreciate it. You only have one, so live each day happy, excited, and strive toward growth, change, and perfection!
© 2013 Rebecca