Top 7 Foods that Slow Your Aging
Food is a very important part of life. The body will naturally desire it and you simply cannot ignore it. However, it is equally as important to watch your diet. Depending on what you eat, you may be helping yourself or simply destroying yourself. With the current eating habits and lifestyle, more and more people are consuming foods that are unhealthy. They are leaning more towards processed foods and lots of junk food. This is the reason our children are gaining pounds by the hour and in turn look older than their actual age.
I am sure you have heard of the saying "you are what you eat" a number of times. This is true and for you to stay young and healthy, you need to eat healthy foods. There is no short cut to this.
Foods to Fight Aging
In respect to aging, there are foods that are ideal to help you achieve this objective. The following are the top in the chart.
1. Whey protein
This is a supplement that has antioxidant properties. This are responsible for fighting free radicals that cause signs of aging. They also reduce oxidative stress.
2. Raw, Organic Eggs
- First and foremost, ensure that the eggs you consume are organic. These are found from free-range chicken. They contain the following nutritional values which makes them the ideal food for anti-aging.
- Contain nine essential amino acids. Amino acids are building blocks of proteins.
- Contain high quality amino acids.
- Contains choline.
- Provides vitamin D.
It is advisable that you consume your eggs raw to avoid destroying any of the nutrients. When eggs are cooked, the heat destroys the nutrients. However, this applies for the egg yolk and not the egg white. The egg white is better consumed after it is cooked so as to deactivate avidin and prevent biotin deficiency.
3. Leafy greens
- Leafy greens are good in the provision of vitamins and are also a good source of lutein and zeaxanthin. These greens include: collard greens, turnip greens, kales
- and spinach. What is in this greens that makes them keep you younger?
- Contain cancer fighting antioxidants. These are responsible for fighting free radicals that cause fast aging.
- Contain vitamin K1. Vitamin K1 is responsible for aiding in the process of blood clotting, promoting strong bones, prevents heart and alzheimer's diseases. In addition, it is responsible for regulating your insulin and blood sugar levels.
- With the outlines benefits of this food category, your body remains healthy and strong. Diseases stay away and the end result is a healthy body and skin. Remember, organic is still the best way to go.
Broccoli is a vegetable that is well known to fight diseases and keep your youth alive. It contains a high concentration of isothiocyanates. This compound is known for its capability to fight cancer by turning on cancer-fighting genes and shutting down others that feed cancer cells. An added advantage is that you do need to stuff yourself with broccoli to reap this benefits. This is an advantage for your youth as a body that is protected from diseases remains good looking and energetic.
- These fruits are ranked at the top when it comes to health benefits. They are not only good for the body but also beneficial to the skin.
- They are high in antioxidants which help to fight free radicals. Free radicals cause fast aging.
- They contain anthocyanins which is an essential component in combating oxidative stress which is a cause for aging. This is also important in the proper functionality of the brain.
- Have low sugars which helps to maintain your insulin levels.
- Other than reducing the risk of getting cancer, it protects you from alzheimer's and neurological diseases, relieves arthritis symptoms, boosts the functionality of your immune system, attends to the health of the urinary tract as well as attends to your eye's health.
- Chlorella is a fresh water algae plant that stands to provide you with a remedy to your aging ailment.
- It rids your body of heavy metal toxins which weighs down your general health.
- It generally boosts your immune system ensuring that you remain healthy.
- Its antioxidant properties reduce the risk of getting cancer.
- Improves your digestion.
- Aging fast can come as a result of your body being attacked by diseases leaving you weak. With a strong immune system, this is controlled and you look stronger and energetic.
- Garlic is known to provide one of the most beneficial health benefits for both your skin and other oorgans.
- It has antioxidant properties to fight off the free radicals that cause fast aging symptoms.
- It has anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties that ensure that your body is not prone to infections.
- They reduce the risk of getting breast, colon, ovarian, prostrate and esophageal cancer.
- It is responsible for increasing blood flow which promotes a glowing skin.
- It helps you manage your weight which reflects on your age.
Foods To Avoid
In an effort to stay young, there are foods that top the list in promoting fast aging. You need to avoid these foods like a plague. These fall in the category of:
Alcohol. Heavy drinking causes fast aging as it dehydrates the skin leaving it looking dull and unhealthy.
Processed foods. These foods contain trans fats which cause inflammation which in turn promotes aging. They also contain very little nutrients if any, which leave your skin malnourished and looking dull.
Sugars. These damage your collagen and leave your skin dehydrated. In this, it leads to the formation of wrinkles.
All in all, ensure that you maintain a healthy diet so as to stay health. Lean more towards whole grain foods, fruits and vegetables that are organic. This will provide the necessary nutrients for your body and skin in sufficient quantities. It is advisable that you stay away from processed fatty foods anytime.