True Love Can Defeat Cancer
Photos of Walker's Journey During his Treatment for Cancer
Our True Love for Each Other and the Love From Family and Friends Helps Us Fight Cancer and A Concussion
Tragedy struck our lives March 2016. After thirty years of marriage, this year was one of the most tragic and devastating years of our marriage. During the month of March, I fell and hit my head on the corner of a storefront window. I received a #concussion which has changed my life for now. Months later, the headaches are still constant and debilitating. Sunlight and florescent lighting are dire enemies. Fortunately, my concussion revealed my husband Walker's cancer. I made an appointment with our family physician Dr. Morris McCray. My husband Walker, made an appointment as well. He explained to our doctor that there was one large nodule on the right side and a smaller nodule on the left side of his lymph nodes. Dr. McCray, advised my husband that he should go to Providence Ear, Nose and Throat specialist John M. Feehery, M.D. His diagnosis was, #Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Cancer. "The lymph nodes produced white blood cells to fight off the cancer or any infection in the head." That was why the nodules appeared as a warning sign that something was wrong explained, Dr. Feehery.
The Medical Team Was Organized For My Husband's Cancer Treatment
We are "wonderfully made," as expressed in God's word at Psalms 139:14. Our family cat Midnight, is a black and white tuxedo feline created by our Heavenly Father Jehovah. She nudged Walker, constantly a month before he was diagnosed. Midnight would, jump up on the sofa whenever Walker, sat down and would not leave his side. This was unusual because she never did this before. After Walker started his treatment, Midnight's actions ceased. It was as though she felt there was no longer a need for this type of reaction.
A month later, his diagnosis was discovered and we were thrust into a whirlwind of medical care not only for my concussion but also for Walker's treatment of Stage 4 Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Cancer. This type of #cancer has an "Asian ancestry, particularly Chinese ancestry, which is a risk factor for nasopharyngeal cancer," explained Dr. Benjamin Jacobs, a Chemo Oncologist of Alliance Cancer Specialists. After receiving a CT scan prior to his surgical biopsy and then a #PET CT Scan; Walker was placed under the excellent care of Dr. Jessie DiNome, who served as Medical Director from Thomas Jefferson University Radiation Oncology. Both doctors work out of the Riddle Cancer Center, located at 1078 West Baltimore Pike, Media, Pa. For more information call 484-227-4482 or for Dr. DiNome, go to her website Jessie.email@example.com.
During the month of July, a Port Catheter was placed in Walker's right chest wall in order to receive chemotherapy. While he was still somewhat healthy a PEG tube procedure was given to Walker by You-ChenKuo, MD, which was described as "(Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy) is passed into a patient's stomach through the abdominal wall, most commonly to provide a means of feeding when oral intake is not adequate." Barbara Cournoyer, served as his Nurse Navigator of General Oncology at Riddle Cancer Center. Lynn W. Nichols served as Walker's nutritionist, from Riddle Nutrition Center. Our family appreciated the loving care and support given by the doctors, nurses and other staff members. We definitely appreciate the financial support through a grant given to us by our #Oncology Social Worker, Toby Stolberg.
Love, Is A Powerful Attribute To Defeat Cancer
It was a difficult time but we got through it with faith and true love for #Jehovah God and his son Jesus Christ. True and genuine love for each other, the prayers of our brothers and sisters throughout the world, along with the prayers, love and support of my family and our friends. Without these tremendous examples of true love, it would have been difficult, if not impossible for us to get through this. The following definition was expressed that, "Love is as strong as death is." - Song of Solomon 8:6. "Love is a hallmark of a Christian marriage. . . . Actually, the true and abiding love between marriage mates includes; natural affection-the kind that family members have toward one another, warm and tender attachment as found between true friends and #romantic love. Love is best sensed when it is expressed. How vital that marriage mates not allow the acitivities of daily life to rob them of exchanging expressions of affection! Such expressions can contribute much to their security and happiness." (Examining the Scriptures - 2016)
True Love Helped Us Fight Cancer
During the Second Week of My Husband's Cancer Treatment I Dedicated This Poem to Him
An Attempted Destroyer of True Love
- We lay, I watch sleep penetrate from you,
- Sunrays flicker upon your smooth brown skin,
- I lovingly kiss your strengthened jaw, immersed in dreams.
- Your sleepy eyes, never waiver from this passionate kiss,
- My right hand, hesitantly touch your chest,
- Now bare, but once handsomely veiled with luscious hair.
- My love for you, empowers me to be strong,
- This destructive contagion endeavors to put enmity between us,
- It cowardly entered your nostrils secretly,
- A plot to annihilate our love,
- A despicable disease of arrogance and contempt,
- True love, for our God and each other,
- Cannot and will not be eradicated.
- Within the arms of Jehovah, we reside for protection,
- Your attempts of carnage is laughable!
- For True Love, will always exist eternally,
- Our Grand Creator is omnipotent, impossibility does not exist.
- Your attempts of carnage is detestable
- For True Love , will always exist eternally,
- Our Grand Creator is "All Powerful,"
- Impossibility does not exist.
- Your attempted incursion of True Love is futile,
- Yes, you and I, my love are a glimpse of,
- The spectacular realms of Love,
- For within heaven it is abundant.
- The attempted destroyer may linger and drain my lover
- But never our love,
- Because throngs of lovers surround us daily.
- Look! To your right,
- Look to your left,
- They stand tall and forceful.
- Whether, you disguise yourself as cancer or any debilitating disease,
- We have the hope of the resurrection and everlasting life in paradise,
- None of your destructive diseases can conquer our True Love,
- Because it is timeless and indefinite.
The information listed below is from Jefferson Cancer Center at Riddle Hospital, Media, Pa
What are the side effects/risks of having radiation therapy?
- #Radiation therapy kills cancer cells, but it can also injure healthy cells. All people will experience some: skin irritation (similar to a sunburn) as the radiation must go through the skin to get to the area in the body that needs treatment.
- Most people will feel tired (fatigue) as their body needs time to heal from the effects of the radiation.
Other side effects that may occur, based on the part of the body being treated include:
Sores/ulcers in the month, sore throat and pain when swallowing, if radiation treatment is give to the head and neck.
#Cough, if radiation treatment is given to the lungs.
Nausea, headache and decreased memory, if radiation treatment is given to the brain.
#Diarrhea, if radiation treatment is given to the lower abdomen and pelvis.
Hair loss, ONLY in the area of being treated.
Disclaimer: Angelladywriter is not responsible for the advertisements that surround this page. For questions concerning article contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions concerning advertisements please contact Hubpages.com
We Survived These Tragedies Due to the Abundance of True Love From God and Our Family, Friends
When we are confronted with challenges in life such as cancer or even an injury from an accident. Will we cower and tremble at the challenge? Death, sickness and sorrow effect each of us daily due to our traits of imperfections. Whether, we are faithful servants of God or not, each of us experience problems in our lives. My husband and I, truly believe that our experiences which started with my concussion, eventually led to our discovery of Walker's cancer. This was a blessing so that in the end our Heavenly Father Jehovah, will receive the glory as we attempted to do through our comments as well as the information in this article. Almighty God deserves the praise because of his loyal love toward us. Loyal love, is defined as ". . .referring to love motivated by commitment, integrity, loyalty, and deep attachment. It is often used in connection with God's love for humans, but is also love shown between humans." (NWT of the Holy Scriptures, page 1703) Our family members and spiritual brothers and sisters throughout the world have shown us loyal love which originates from God. Their prayers, cards, delivered meals and genuine love has been a blessing that we will never forget.
The contents was provided by WEBMD'S EDITORIAL STAFF - Get-Ready Guide for Chemotherapy
What are some suggestions to prepare for Chemotherapy?
- 0% Have a sit-down with your doctor and call your health insurance company.
- 0% Do your research and prep your home as well as keep it clean.
- 0% Fill your prescriptions and recruit some help.
This poll is now closed to voting.
True Love From Family and Friends Helped Us Defeat Cancer
A Word Without such Diseases as Cancer. Is it Possible?
A world without such diseases as cancer, will exist in the future just as the Bible prophesied at Revelation 21:4 which states; "And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away." (NWT of the Holy Scriptures) For more information on a world without cancer and other diseases go to www.jw.org