- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
Urinary Tract Infection - Cure UTI with Coconut Oil
Urinary tract infection presents with urgency of urination, frequency, burning, pain and even bleeding. The associated symptoms are fever, chills, nausea or vomting etc. UTI should be taken seriously, because if not treated it may go to kidney infection.
Doctors presecribe antibiotics for this condition and most of the cases of UTI will be cured. But sometimes it is resistant to bacteria and it comes back after treatment. Good news is that there are some home remedies for UTI.
Using natural home remedies you can cure urinary tract infection. Coconut is a nutrituous food which is rich in minerals and vitamins. You need coconut oil and coconut water to cure UTI. Coconut oil has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. Coconut oil kills the bad bacteria, but does not kill the good bacteria. Coconut water is able to cure urinary tract infection and it can also dissolve kidney stones. Coconut water has a very soothing healing property that is very good for curing UTI. You need to take 3 tablespoons of coconut oil three times a day. Drinking coconut water along with it throughout the day will make it faster healing.
Coconut possesses various health benefits due to the nutritional content it has. Coconut oil is the one which makes it a remarkable healthy food and medicine. It has medium chain fatty acids which are beneficial for human health.
Research shows that coconut, in one form or another, can provide many health benefits. . Some of the health benefits of coconut are described below:
- Kills bacteria which cause throat infections, ulcers, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia and other diseases.
- Kills yeasts and fungas that cause candidiasis, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections.
- It Improves insulin secretion and use of blood glucose helping to reduce blood glucose level and symptoms of diabetes.
- Kills or expels tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites.
- Provides nutritional energy and enhancing physical and athletic performance.
- Improves digestion and absorption of other vitamins, minerals.
- It is a natural saline and helps to stop malabsorption or diarrhia. Relieves symptoms of stomach ulcers, ulcerative colitis. It improves digestion of food.
- It increasaes absorption of calcium and magnesium. Prevents osteoporosis.
- Reduces symptoms of pancreatitis. Decreases inflammation of body cells.
- It relieves symptoms of gallbladder disease.
- It relieves the inflammation of hemorrhoids and pain.
- Reduces cholesterol level and thus beneficial for heart health. Prevents atherosclerosis.
- Prevents periodontal disease and helps to maintain healthy gum.
- Protects from breast and colon cancer.
- Reduces seizures from epileptic disease.
- Improves thyroid function.
- Relieves dry skin and balances skin health. Prevents wrinkling, sagging and age spots of skin. Tones the skin of face and body.
- Reduces symptoms of eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other skin disease.
UTI cure with home remedies
Other useful home remedies for UTI are:
Drinking Cranberry juice daily cures the symptoms of UTI. It prevents E. coli bacteria to stick to the lining of urethra and bladder. Cranberry capsules are available also.
Put half a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it three times a day. This will cure the symptoms of urinary tract infection. Baking soda is alkali and balances the pH of urinary system. It makes urine alkaline and bacteria cannot multiply in alkaline environment. This is very effective treatment for UTI.
Lactobacillus acidophilus is the good bacteria which help to kill the bad bacteria. It is very useful for preventing E. coli to get into the urinary system.
It boosts immune system and has anti-inflammatory properties. It is recommended to take during urinary infection and is very helpful to cure the symptoms of UTI.
Avoid processed food, such as pasta, refined sugary food. Include protein in your daily diet, like chicken, fish, meat and beans. Eat fresh vegetables and fruits. These can be helpful in preventing urinary tract infection.
The information in this hub is not a replacement for medical treatment. Please contact with physician before using it.
Useful sites for UTI
- How To Prevent a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Most of us will get at least one UTI during the course of our lifetime, but there are simple things you can do to minimize your risk and/or prevent reinfection.