Using Candles for Stress Relief
The light around you can calm you down and arouse your inner senses. Lighting can excite you, or make you feel stressed out and frazzled. Have you ever spent an entire day in fluorescent lighting? Do you remember how the bright bulbs made you feel? Perhaps, you suffered a splitting headache, or your eyes started to burn. Fluorescent lights are extreme unnatural lighting. They cause profound stress on people who labor in an office setting.
Candles Create a Relaxing Light!
Candles diffuse the light and create a peaceful aurora and surroundings. If you use a scented candle, you'll experience a double relaxation moment. You should have an awareness of your candle soot if it is not soy based. The by-product of regular candles can affect your breathing over time, and this is not recommended for stress relief.
Would You, Envision These Relaxing Candle Lights?
Melt Stress with a Soy Candle!
A soy-based candle is energizing and healing. It's best used for aromatherapy. The effective oils with soy-based candles will affect your mind and your body by olfactory stimulation of the brain. Soy candles are meticulously fine for relieving stress and helping you to relax.
The best-scented candles for stress relief are the ones that contain the essential oils of lavender, bergamot, chamomile, and sweet marjoram. Soy candles come in all sorts of healing colors and aromas. Depending on your mood, you can use such a fine candle to help you relax even more.
- To defuse your nerves further, go into your favorite room to play your best-loved relaxing music. Light a couple of soy candles, and close your eyes. Feel your nerves calm the light, as your breath takes in the heavenly scent with the harmony of your favorite songs playing in the background.
- Next, pay attention to your breath. Is your breath shallow or deep? Start to count the time it takes to breathe in and to breathe out. Try to space your breathing on a count of ten. Breathe in with 4 counts and hold your breath for a count of 2 then let out on a count of 4.
- Close your eyes and try to remove whatever is bothering you in your mind’s eye. These are things you may want to forget that causes you stress. If you fall asleep great! One of the best remedies for stress is sleep and relaxation.
You can also take a candle-lit bath instead of a quick shower. Fill your bathroom with the finest scented candles, and for a bonus, add a couple of drops of lavender essential oil to your bath, with a cup of Epsom salt. Bathing in candlelight creates an atmosphere of peace and tranquility, and it helps to melt your stress away quickly.
Reduce Stress While You Meditate in Candle Light
Using candles while you meditate is another great stress reducer. Light a few candles in your meditation room, and relax as you calm your mind to take in the peace around you. Stretch your legs and neck, and do a couple of yoga poses in your meditative state, and feel your stress quickly melt away.
Sharing a candle-lit dinner with a loved one is another awesome way to relax and enjoy an evening. The candlelight will put you in a mood that helps you to enjoy your dinner even more. If there is a beautiful piano piece playing in the background you will create more of a heavenly realm.
Do You Notice How Tired Fluorescent Lighting Makes You Feel?
More Mental Health Hubs for You
- How Stressed-Out Are You?
No one can avoid stress, but you can calm your stressful, nervous system with herbs. Before you suffer from a lack of sleep and more stress, discover what you can do here!
- Enjoy a Merry Life with One True Saying!
Diminishing negative thinking is a lifelong process! You must spice your life with upbeat sayings and reduce tension. Discover a beautiful poetic heartfelt way here!
© 2012 Sheila Craan