Uterine Balloon Therapy - Hope For Women With Excessive Menstrual Bleeding - My Personal Journey Part 5 (One Month In)
Oct. 23rd, 2009
Well ladies, a month and fourteen days have come and gone since I've had the Uterine Balloon Therapy (also called Endometrial Ablation or Nova-Sure) procedure performed.
As part of my recovery process, I visited my gynecologist this morning to fill him in on my progress.
Here's the low down:
• From the day of the surgery on the 9th of September; till the 8th of October, I experienced the pinkish watery discharge my doctor explained would occur. During this month long period; quite frankly, I thought the discharge would go on forever.
• The week before my monthly cycle began, I experienced the same discomfort I felt following my surgery. Although the pain was significatly duller, it was quite palpable however.
The pain was quite unexpected, so I was a little shaken by the experieince. Nevertheless...
• After a week of discomfort (which I eventually relented and managed it with ibuprofen), on October 9th, 2009 - exactly a month proceeding my surgery - my monthly cycle returned bringing about an immediate relief from the aforementioned pain.
• Halelujah - My menstrual flow was reduced by 90%! So light the flow, that at times I'd forget that my cycle was even on!
I went from flowing so heavily that I'd soil my clothing every single month, to having a flow so light, that it didn't become an issue for the very first time of my having a menstrual cycle.
• Although my flow was drastically reduced, my five to seven day menstrual cycle lasted for nine to ten days.
* Now What?
After informing my gynecologist of what I've experienced thus far, I enquired whether or not it was normal for my cycle to go on twice as long as before, and if so, was it due to a significant reduction in the flow of blood.
Reassuring me that it was too soon to tell at this time; he instructed me to keep a log over a two month course recording:
1.) how long my menstrual cycles lasted
2.) what my menstrual flow is like
3.) what level of pain (if any) I experience
The purpose? To provide him with facts that would help him determine if the procedure proved successful or not.
* What Is My Satisfaction Level Thus Far?
In short, excluding the monthly discharge, in addition to the extreme discomfort experienced the week before the return of my monthly cycle; my experience thus far on a scale from 1 to 10 - where one is extremely dissatisfied and ten is extremely satisfied - I would honestly have to say I am very satisfied (a solid nine).
Although it's still too early to give a proper prognosis, as of now I'm a happy camper.
Stay tuned for more...
copywrite © 2009