Vitamins and Detox
Some people are struggling with their battles of the bulge. Let's face it, most people don't lead a healthy lifestyle. They eat junk food day in and day out. Because of that, obesity has become a major problem in this country. Good thing there are television shows like the Dr.Oz Show to help us combat illnesses such as obesity. I am here to talk about vitamins and how they can make our bodies healthy. I will also be discussing detox foods that will help you shed off ten pounds.
1. Vitamin A- This potent tool helps prevent wrinkles and stimulates protein. It is anti-inflammatory. Cantaloupe and sweet potatoes are rich sources of vitamin A.
2. Vitamin B- It promotes energy and supports faster metabolism. Shrimp and bananas are major sources of vitamin B.
3. Vitamin C- It fights cold and flu. It helps prevent certain cancers and boosts the immune system. This vitamin is also good for healing wounds. Fruits such as papaya, kiwi, and oranges are loaded with vitamin C.
4. Vitamin D- This vitamin strengthens the bones. It improves the digestion of food. Milk and egg yolks are filled with this vitamin.
5. Vitamin E- It protects the skin. It lowers the risk of Alzheimer's disease. Sunflower seeds and almonds contain plenty of vitamin D.
Doctors have recommended to take vegetables early in the day. You can drink a spinach smoothie or snack on blueberries and raspberries. Drink plenty of orange juice. If you want to add some flavor to your veggies, add Greek yogurt to suit your taste. Always include veggies in your main course. You can add string beans, kale, and cabbage to your dishes.
Alejandro Junger, the author of "Clean" initiated The Clean Program. This program introduces detox foods that help you lose weight. Junger mentioned that if we want to lose ten pounds in a month, we need to eliminate dairy, eggs, gluten, soy, coffee, soda, alcohol, pork, beef, peanuts, creamed vegetables, and processed sugar in our diet. Here are the 10 foods that should be a staple in one's diet.
1. Green leafy vegetables
2. Cold water fish- It has least toxins and has Omega 3. It's a good source of protein.
3. Free -range pastured chicken- Chicken should be free of antibiotics
5. Apple cider vinegar
6. Lemon water
7. Herbal teas- Boosts energy
8. Unsweetened coconut milk.
9. Coconut oil
10. Plant based protein powder
People who have tried this detox program have raved about the healthy benefits. They noticed that their skin, hair, and nails glowed. It tightened their skin and lost weight. Junger recommended a meal plan for those who want to try the program out. Drink shakes for breakfast, eat green leafy vegetables for lunch, snack on berries and coconut milk, and have Shepherd's Pie for dinner.
We should start eating healthy by eliminating junk food in our diet. It may be difficult at first, but we will reap the benefits once we eat the right kind of food.