Volcanic Ash Over Britain
About the author
- Anthony's short stories have been published since 1994 in magazines, summer specials and international competitions. His work has been broadcast on radio and recorded for audio books.
- Anthony's latest novel can be ordered online from Amazon, WHSmith and all good bookshops.
- Read Chapter One of 'WITHOUT REPROACH' free.
- Heartwarming stories - Short Moments
The health risk of volcanic ash
Volcanic ash may trigger intense respiratory disease and has the capability of causing chronic diseases, for example lung cancer. However, deciding what this danger might be is tricky, as normal medical studies may take months to deduce whether the volcanic ash is toxic or not.
However, the ash cannot be harmful if particles are too large to enter the lung. Therefore, a quick way of determining how the volcanic ash will affect people, would seem to be to take a sample and measure the surface are by simple and standard laboratory techniques.
For more information see Volcanic Ash. Effect Of The Icelandic Eruption On Health In Britain
Articles of interest
- Romantic Suspense
Review of a Kindle romantic suspense novel
- Without Reproach eBook: AJ Barnett: Kindle Store
Amazon.com: Without Reproach eBook: AJ Barnett: Kindle Store
- Using The Seeds and Leaves of Coriander - Cilantro
All you need to know about growing and using coriander - plus an easy carrot and coriander soup
- Samsung Galaxy S II - A Review
A review of an innovative new mobile communication device, The Samsung Galaxy S II. The weight, speed and facilities ought to take this smartphone to the top of the communications tree
- Short Moments Great Short Stories
Amazon.com: Short Moments by AJ Barnett: Kindle Store
- Recycling water
Water is a precious resource. However, it can be recycled yet very few people bother to try.
- 20 Ways To Write A Story Better
To write a story - so you've always wanted to write a story and now it's finished - or is it. The first or even second draft of a story will rarely be up to publication standard.