- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions»
- Skin Diseases & Conditions
Warts - How To Cure Your Childs Warts The No Pain Way - 5 Gentle Treatments
Warts And All
Warts are caused by HPV - human Pappilomavirus and are quite common and usually not a medical emergency. Warts are contagious and usually appear because the HPV has entered through a small cut or scratch and this causes an overgrowth of cells on the surface of the skin which can be knobbly or smooth, skin coloured or darker. Common warts are non cancerous and can affect 10% to 20% of school aged children.
Many of us during the course of our lifetime will developed the odd wart or two. Children seem particulaly susceptible and developing warts can cause your child to feel embarrased or even fearful.
Even the name Warts sounds ugly and they are, particulaly as they grow or spread. Warts although usually not a serious medical issue can be troublesome as are easily knocked and can bleed, but also can lead to less than flattering name calling by your childs classmates and peers.
I had warts on my finger as a small child and couldn´t stop picking at them. In those days it was customery for someone to buy your warts from you. An Aunt of mine explained that she would buy my warts and produced a coin which she first rubbed on my warts and then gave to me. She swore that in a short time the warts would completely dissapear and surprise surprise they did, but I really don´t think this is more than an old wives tale. Warts can come and go on their own and this can take anywhere between a few weeks to a few years. The magic was that my Aunt convinced me that they would go and so I just forgot about them until they dissapeared on their own.
Very young children need to be treated with gentle non painful remedies to rid them of warts and reserching this topic I have come up with a list of 5 gentle wart removing methods.
Cure Your Childs Warts The No Pain Way
1. Over the counter wart removal preparations such as compound W or Ocusal contain Salicylic acid as the active wart removal ingredient. Instructions for usage will be given with the product but basically the wart affected area needs to be soaked first to soften it, then the solution painted on, left to dry and then the process needs to be repeated every two or three days until the wart has completely gone. Peeling off or filing off of the product and the wart as it shrinks may upset very young children , but older braver ones may not mind in the least.
This method of wart removal should never be used on a Childs face or lips. Keep this for hand or feet warts only.
2. Cover the wart with silver duct tape. leave on for 6 days and then remove and soak the wart in warm water for 5 minutes until it softens then gently file away what you can without causing discomfort to the child. Always use a new nail file when you do this so as not to introduce more virus. Repeat until the wart has gone.
3. Garlic and vitamin E. First put a little vitamin E oil ( you can buy this in capsule form) on the skin around the wart . Next crush a garlic clove and dab this onto the wart. Now cover with a bandage and leave for 24 hours before removal. The vitamin E oil will protect the skin around the wart and garlic has very powerful anti viral properties.
4. Cryosurgery. This is a simple procedure which takes only seconds for your doctor or medic to carry out and basically means he or she will freeze the wart and kill off infected cells.
5. Kidology. This is just what my aunt did and my warts disappeared as if by magic as warts quite often do on their own anyway. Of course this has to be done with seriousness, and the more outrageous the better, maybe you could try tapping the wart with a " Special magic stick" and making up your own chant to accompany the action, something along the lines of " magic stick magic stick make this wart be gone and quick" . Burying the stick in the ground afterwards or burning on the fire if you have one will add to the magic of the event, the child will forget about the wart and in time it will probably disappear on it´s own.
Disclaimer And Acknowledgements
Please do note that I am neither a Doctor or medical professional or in any way connected to either of these professions. If you are in the least worried about any aspect of your health or that of your family you should seek a professionals opinion as soon as possible.
Acknowledgements and thanks must go to the following sources which I used when researching this article.
voices.yahoo.com. steadyhealth.com. webmd.com. wikihow , wikimedi , and wikicommuns.com
Meet bac2basics The Writer Of This Hub
I am bac2basics and write on many varied topics here on Hubpages.com.
Along with health problems and cures I also write on the supernatural and spirit world, and my experiences with both. Gardening ideas and how to create a beautiful garden in a small or large space and on a limited budget. Travel guides and my own happy holiday memories. Frugal living tips and how to stay out of debt. Life and in particular the wildlife in Spain. The odd poem or two, and really whatever takes my fancy at the time. Dip into some of my other hubs, you may be in for a pleasant surprise.
Thanks for reading this hub, and please do leave a comment if you like, I always appreciate those. :)