- Personal Health Information & Self-Help»
- Health Self-Help
Water Therapy for Common Diseases and as a Life Saving Element!
Other Related Hubs By Chitrangada Sharan
- YOGASANA or YOGIC Exercises----Its Physical And Psyc...
The importance of Yoga Asanas is known all over the world. It is preferred over other forms of physical exercises, as it can be practiced at any age and without getting tired. Learn to do it correctly.
- How To Make Your Bones Healthy---Tips On Food And Ex...
Bone health is very important for living a normal and healthy life. Proper attention must be paid to Specific food and exercises meant to improve bone health to prevent Arthritis and Osteoporosis.
- How To Detoxify : An Effective Detox Plan
Are you the one, who has a tendency to overindulge? Have you been feeling sluggish, bloated, sleep deprived, difficulty in losing weight? Then this article is for you.You might need a Detox Diet Plan.
Water: A Necessary And Powerful Element Of Our Life
© Chitrangada Sharan Sept. 2013
All Rights Reserved.
- We all know that water is the most important element for our life. We can live just on water, for many days and months.
- There are many specialities of water and the fact that three fourth of the Earth is covered with water only, is proof enough to justify this..
- Same is true for our body as well. About seventy percent of our body is composed of water only.
- In ancient times, people used to take bath in Rivers or Water falls. And it used to have a magical rejuvenating effect on their brain and body.
- This kind of bath also used to give them the benefits of Hip bath or Sitz bath, a kind of Water therapy.
Composition of water and its therapeutic value:
- The natural sources of water such as the River, Sea water, Water falls, Hot water Kund or Springs contain various Chemicals and Minerals, Which are good for health.
- When the water travels through Soil, then it combines within itself Elements such as Copper, Carbon, Sulphur, Phosphorus, Iodine, Calcium and many other precious components, which have medicinal value.
- This combination results in adequate magnetic power and energy, helpful in curing many ailments.
- Every Kund or hot water spring contains specific chemicals and minerals, which have the ability to cure specific diseases.
Do you believe in Natural Resources For Treatment Of Ailments?
Water Therapy : How it works?
# 1. Water Therapy is an important aspect of Natural Therapy.
You can drink warm water, soak or immerse the affected body part in warm water as a part of treatment for various ailments.
# 2. Water in fact energises and helps all Internal organs, such as Liver, Kidney, Intestines etc. which are responsible for eliminating toxic or waste materials from our body.
# 3. Water helps these organs in such a way that waste is not accumulated in our system.
And if waste is not accumulated and disposed off quickly from our system, we live healthy and there is less chance of ailments.
# 4. Hot or warm water therapy is used to treat internal, deep blood accumulation or other inflammations. Warm water reduces pain in muscles or joints in a wonderful way. It relaxes the stiff muscles or joints.
# 5. Hot or warm water ensures smooth flow of blood, eases pain, reduces internal inflammation and maintains ideal body temperature.
Various Methods Of Treatment By WATER
Water can be used as a therapy in Solid, Liquid and Steam form.
Water therapy includes hot or cold water Bath, Sponge bath, Warming with a hot water bag, Cold water or warm water Bandage and other different methods.
These treatments do not require many materials and should be used as First aid or better known as Grandma' s tips.
## Warm water bandage
A piece of thick cotton cloth is soaked in warm water and after squeezing out the water, it is applied on affected part.
This is generally used on neck to get relief from soreness in throat, swelling in the tonsils, joint pains in hands or legs or on abdomen if one has a poor digestion.
## Cold water bandage
A strip of thick cotton cloth is soaked in cold or iced water, excess water is squeezed out and the cloth is spread on affected area.
This is generally used in cases of high fever, headache etc.
It is also used in severe stomach pain as a first aid.
## Soaking feet in hot water
This is very effective and beneficial method of water therapy and is used to treat many ailments.
The feet is immersed in a hot water bucket, so that the water level is up to the knees. The temperature of water should be bearable. The feet must be soaked for 10 to 15 minutes. Then they should be taken out and wiped with a towel which is soaked in cold water. Rub the feet with dry towel after that.
This has a wonderful effect on the blood circulation as all prominent nerves end up in the feet only. They get energized and result in positive benefits on the entire body. You feel instantly relaxed, mentally and physically.
## Alternate Cold and Warm bath
This kind of bath is very beneficial for blood circulation, skin related problems and aches. One can take this bath for the entire body or individual affected organs.
You have to prepare two buckets, one hot and the other cold for this purpose. Maintain the temperature of the hot water bucket, by keeping on adding hot water if it becomes slightly cold.
Start with warm water and then alternate with cold water, keeping the duration 5 minutes each for both tubs. Continue for half an hour before wiping off with a dry towel.
## Hip bath or Sitz bath
This kind of water therapy is useful in curing stomach related ailments, diseases related to Pelvic region, the organs below the spinal cord, ailments related to male and female reproductive organs, piles, urinary organs etc. It is also beneficial in obesity, weak digestive system, worms and many other ailments.
A bucket is filled with warm water, such that your hips are immersed into it. The legs can be kept out. One can sit in it for 15 to 20 minutes, at the same time massaging the stomach.
If you have a bathtub at your home, you can very easily take this therapy at home.
After coming out just wipe dry with a towel.
## Hot water bags
This is again a very common method of treatment with water. Warm not boiling water is filled in hot water bags and then the cap is closed.
This gives relief from pain in various organs such as hands, neck, back, legs or stiff joints.
## Steam bath
Steam bath is very effective in eliminating toxic materials from our body through skin by means of Perspiration.
Lot of health clubs have this facility, where a room is allotted to produce steam through hot water pipes.
But this can be arranged at home also. Take a bucket filled with hot water. Sit with your legs soaked in it. Cover yourself with a blanket so that all the steam is trapped inside the blanket. Cover your head with a cold water towel. You can drink some warm water too to make this more effective. Remain in this position for 15 minutes, come out and take a cold water shower.
This is beneficial in digestive system, arthritis or joint pains, skin related issues etc.
Water therapy to lose weight
- Taking 6 to 7 glasses of water on an empty stomach does wonders in weight reduction and helps to obtain an ideal digestive system.
- Taking a glass of warm water with one tablespoonful of honey and juice of a lemon first in the morning, helps to reduce weight over a period of time.
To conclude and words of caution:
There are countless other benefits of water, which can be listed here. More often we do not try natural resources for treating various ailments and immediately rush for expensive doctors and medicines.
In ancient times, most of the treatments for diseases were done with natural resources and man lived close to nature. As a result there were less diseases as well.
No doubt these are safe methods of alternative treatment by water, but there is a proper way of administering it.
Therefore care should be taken to learn it through experts in this field. Generally there is no adverse effect but sometimes it depends on individual resistance and acceptance by the body.
© Chitrangada Sharan, 11th September 2013
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Interesting and informative video about Water, source: You tube
© 2013 Chitrangada Sharan