Water Therapy for Common Diseases and as a Life Saving Element
Water: A necessary and powerful element of our life
We are all aware that water is the most important element for our life. We can live just on water, for many days and months.
There are many significant properties of water, and the fact that three fourth of the Earth is covered with water only, is proof enough to justify this..
Same is true for our body as well. About seventy percent of our body is composed of water only.
In ancient times, people used to take bath in the rivers or water falls. And it used to have a magical rejuvenating effect, on their brain and body.
This kind of bath also used to give them the benefits of Hip bath or Sitz bath, a kind of Water therapy.
Composition of water and its therapeutic value:
- The natural sources of water such as the river, sea water, water falls, hot water Kund or springs, contain various chemicals and minerals, which are good for our health.
- When the water travels through the soil, then it combines within itself, the elements, such as Copper, Carbon, Sulphur, Phosphorus, Iodine, Calcium and many other precious components, which have medicinal value.
- This combination results in adequate magnetic power and energy, helpful in curing many ailments.
- Every Kund or hot water spring contains specific chemicals and minerals, which have the ability to cure specific diseases.
Interesting and informative video about Water, source: You tube
Do you believe in Natural Resources For Treatment Of Ailments?
Water Therapy : How does it work?
- Water Therapy is an important aspect of Natural Therapy. You can drink warm water, soak or immerse the affected body part in warm water, as part of treatment, for various ailments.
- Water, in fact energises and helps all the Internal organs, such as the Liver, Kidney, Intestines etc., which are responsible for eliminating toxic or waste materials, from our body.
- Water helps these organs in such a way, that the waste is not accumulated in our system. And, if waste is not accumulated, and it is disposed off quickly, from our system, we live a healthy life, and there is less chance of ailments.
- Hot or warm water therapy is used to treat internal, deep blood accumulation or other inflammations. The warm water reduces pain in the muscles or joints, in a wonderful way. It relaxes the stiff muscles and bone joints.
- Hot or warm water ensures, smooth flow of blood, it eases pain, reduces internal inflammation, and maintains ideal body temperature.
7 Effective Methods of Treatment by Water
Water can be used as a therapy, in Solid, Liquid and Steam form.
Water therapy includes hot or cold water Bath, Sponge bath, warming with a hot water bag, cold water or warm water bandage, and other different methods.
These treatments do not require many materials, and should be used as First aid or better known as, Grandma' s tips.
1. Warm water bandage:
A piece of thick cotton cloth is soaked in warm water and after squeezing out the water, it is applied on affected part.
This is generally used on the neck, to get relief from soreness in throat, swelling in the tonsils, joint pains in the hands or legs, or on the abdomen, if one has a poor digestion.
2. Cold water bandage:
A strip of thick cotton cloth is soaked in cold or iced water, excess water is squeezed out, and the cloth is spread on the affected area.
This is generally used in cases of high fever, headache etc.
It is also used in severe stomach pain, as a first aid.
3. Soaking feet in hot water:
This is a very effective and beneficial method of water therapy, and is used to treat many ailments.
The feet is immersed in a hot water bucket, so that the water level is up to the knees. The temperature of water should be bearable. The feet must be soaked, for 10 to 15 minutes. Then they should be taken out and wiped with a soft towel, which is soaked in cold water. Rub the feet with dry towel, after that.
This has a wonderful effect on the blood circulation, as all the prominent nerves end up in the feet only. They get energised, and results in positive benefits, on the entire body. You feel instantly relaxed, mentally as well as, physically.
4. Alternate Cold and Warm bath:
This kind of bath is very beneficial for the blood circulation, skin related problems and aches. One can take this bath, for the entire body, or some individual affected organs.
You have to prepare two buckets, one hot and the other cold one, for this purpose. Maintain the temperature of the hot water bucket, by keeping on adding hot water, if it becomes slightly cold.
Start with warm water, and then alternate with cold water, keeping the duration, 5 minutes each for both tubs. Continue for half an hour, before wiping off with a dry towel.
5. Hip bath or Sitz bath:
This kind of water therapy is useful in curing stomach related ailments, diseases related to the pelvic region, the organs below the spinal cord, ailments related to male and female reproductive organs, piles, urinary organs etc.
It is also beneficial in obesity, weak digestive system, worms and many other ailments.
A bucket is filled with warm water, such that your hips are immersed into it. The legs can be kept out. One can sit in it, for 15 to 20 minutes, at the same time massaging the stomach.
If you have a bathtub at your home, you can very easily take this therapy at home.
After coming out from the water, just wipe dry with a towel.
6. Hot water bags:
This is again a very common method of treatment with water. Warm, not boiling water is filled in the hot water bags, and then the cap is closed.
This gives relief from the pain in various organs, such as the hands, neck, back, legs or stiff bone joints.
7. Steam bath:
Steam bath is very effective in eliminating toxic materials, from our body through skin by means of perspiration.
Most of the health clubs have this facility, where a room is allotted to produce steam, through the hot water pipes.
But this can be arranged at home also. Take a bucket filled with hot water. Sit with your legs soaked into it. Cover yourself with a blanket, so that all the steam is trapped inside the blanket. Cover your head with a cold water towel. You can drink some warm water too, to make this more effective. Remain in this position for 15 minutes, then come out, and take a cold water shower.
This is beneficial for the digestive system, arthritis or bone joint pains, skin related issues etc.
Morning water therapy, source: YouTube
Water therapy to lose weight
- Taking 6 to 7 glasses of water on an empty stomach, does wonders in weight reduction, and helps to obtain an ideal digestive system.
- Taking a glass of warm water, with one tablespoonful of honey and juice of a lemon, first in the morning, helps to reduce the extra weight, over a period of time.
To conclude and words of caution:
There are countless other benefits of water, which can be listed here. More often, we do not try natural resources, for treating various ailments, and immediately rush for expensive doctors and medicines.
In ancient times, most of the treatments for diseases, were done with natural resources, and man lived close to the nature. As a result, there were less diseases as well.
No doubt, these are safe methods of alternative treatment by water, but there is a proper way of administering it.
Therefore, care should be taken to learn it through experts in this field. Generally, there is no adverse effect, but sometimes it depends on the individual resistance, and acceptance by the body.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2013 Chitrangada Sharan