- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
Ways To Relax And Relieve Your Stress
In the fast pace world we all live in today, stress begins to take a toll on everyone in one way or another. Stress is one of the reasons for a early death in my opinion. We have all heard the saying, "Stress Will Kill You" and I really believe that.
There are so many ways to relax and relieve your stress, but many of us go about relieving our stress the wrong way.
You can really see when someone is under a lot of stress just by looking at them. They just look so run down. They have that look of worry written all over their faces. The physical appearance sometimes is a tell tale that something is wrong even if they claim not.
There are many reasons why we get stressed out in our everyday lives we live today and here are some of my thoughts and experiences of what causes stress and just a few ideas on how to relieve stress in your day.
We all relieve our stresses in very different ways. There are good ways to relieve stress and there are people that choose some bad ways that they think will work, and it does, but only temporally.
In this hub I would like to express some of the good and bad ways that I have found that can help you relax and relieve your stress.
Good Ways To Relieve Your Stress
- Reading one of your favorite books or magazines.
- Watching your favorite television show.
- Baking some of your favorite deserts, cakes, pies, cookies.
- Sewing or knitting.
- Listening to some nice relaxing music.
- If you have a hobby such as wood working, then start a nice project you enjoy.
- Build a model
- If your a artist, then head to your art room alone and begin that master piece painting.
- Try to do some exercising or maybe take a brisk walk to clear your head.
- Ask your spouse to go out for a nice peaceful dinner in a nice quiet atmosphere.
Bad Ways To Relieve Stress
- Stopping off at the local pub to drown your worries and relieve your stress.
- Screaming at someone because you are stressed only makes you feel worst in the end.
- Road rage
- Taken your stress out on your family by physical and verbal abuse.
Many of you may have your own way to relieve your stress, but these are the few that I can think of. Remember stay away for the bad ones please.
Lashing out and abusing family members, hitting the bottle or doing drugs will never solve anything. It only makes your stress level higher than original, not to say you may be sorry for your actions after it is all over.
So, as you are heading home from a hard days work, think to yourself, "what can I do that will relieve me from my stressful day". Many things will come to you, but choose the one that you think will work for you and enjoy your relaxing evening.