Ways to get thinner thighs
Are my legs fat?
One of the major concerns for most women is the their stomach and the thickness of their thighs. For women these are usually the first areas to which grow as your put on weight. Having thick thighs is not necessarily a heath issue since it's often a combination of fat/muscle relating to your genetics. e.g. Far eastern Asian women will naturally have thinner thighs than women of an African heritage. Even so, so many Japanese women "still" try their hardest to get their legs even thinner.
For most women, having thinner thighs is simply self satisfaction which is important for a confident stress free lifestyle. If you are happy with thicker, sexy, curvy thighs then that's all good.
The methods for thinner thighs
- Walking - The most simple and effective. Try turn the local drives into walks and also walk at a slightly faster pace to elevate your heart rate to burn more calories. Try lengthening your pets walk, Go out in walking groups with other friends who have the same goals as you this will help you trim any excess leg fat.
- Trampolining - A mini trampoline is easy to obtain and around 20mins of this per day is easy and will burn a lot of fat from the legs, especially around the ankles area. At first you will definitely notice the lactic acid (the stiff pain), but you will get used to it after a week or so.
- Jogging - Running is a great fat burner however, some people (especially Asian women) tend to put on muscle especially in the calf area due to excessive jogging. Keep it 20-30mins at a time if you are this type. If you are rather overweight then excessive jogging can put stress on your joints so swimming is probably better.
- Bike riding - Another great fat burner, however. Try to avoid to much resistance e.g. uphill riding as this will burn the fat but put on extra muscle. Keep the rides flat, light and long.
- Leg raises - Another great way to get thinner thighs is doing leg raises which you can do at home or even in your office on break. A good one is called the vertical leg lift. Simply lie on your back with your legs straight keep your hands straight by your side and raise your legs a few inches from the ground, for a few seconds a time. Repeat this about 10-12 times in the morning, and the same in the evening.
- Diet - You don't need to sacrifice calories for thinner thighs, however maintain a healthy balance and try not to overload on the carbs. as this will turn to fat if not immediately burned off.
Never be afraid of doing weight training on your legs. People tend to think that you will build up massive muscle but that in not true unless you are doing a body builders workout. Muscle is what help to give the slender toned shape. Flabby but thin legs is not what you need to aim for.
- How to get skinny legs by cutting off muscle
A recent leg slimming craze is in South Korea and becoming popular in Japan, women are having surgery to reduce the muscle in their calves for a more slimmer slender leg. Korean's, similar to Japanese tend to have shorter legs than...