Healthy Eating And Exercise Can Help Lose Extra Pounds
Fruits Are Good For You
Weight Loss Planning
Many things in life can make us decide that it is time to eat healthier, get more exercise and lose weight. It can be the birth of a child, health problems, or maybe just a desire to be healthier and lose weight to feel better. Whatever the reason, it could be a good idea to start with some planning. Planning meals and setting aside exercise time may be the very helpful and keep you working towards healthy goals.
First thing to do is to make plans and set goals to accomplish your weight loss goals. You should be prepared to make a commitment and you must find the motivation if you want to succeed with your weight loss goals. Be prepared to accept that you will have to make changes in your lifestyle and your eating habits for the rest of your life.
Goals To Strive For
It is a good idea to have some goals that you are going to be working toward. As you reach each goal, no matter how small, you will feel a sense of accomplishment and pride that will help to keep you motivated.
- Choose a reasonable weight loss goal of the amount you need to lose
- Also set some smaller goals such as five pounds. These are easier to reach and they will help you stay motivated toward reaching your ultimate goal
- Make a decision that you also want to firm up and tone your body with a good exercise program
Weight Loss Helpers
There are many things that can help you to achieve your weight loss goals. Here is a short list of some of them.
- Water (drink lots of water) replace sugary drinks with water
- Small notebook to keep track of what you are eating every day
- Calorie counter (to help you keep track of just how many calories you are consuming)
- Good set of scales for checking your weight loss weekly
- Treadmill or other exercise equipment or a gym membership (walking of course is free)
- A few good friends who also want to get healthier can help keep you going in the right direction while lending support for each other
- Those good friends can also form an exercise class together (great friendship bonding)
It is also a good idea to check with your doctor before beginning any exercise program. If you have any physical problems, those issues may need to be taken care of first. For example, I started doing simple yoga exercise, but then I started having pain down my hips which caused me to stop exercising for awhile. A trip to the doctor found that I had bursitis in both hips, but with the aid of steroid injections, I am now able to get back to the yoga exercises as well as eating healthier.
Weight Loss Requires Effort And Time
Losing weight and getting healthier will require both effort and time but the end results will be well worth it. You will not only weigh less but you will feel much better physically and mentally.
Here are some hints to make losing weight easier:
- Drink lots of water as I already mentioned. Water will help you feel less hungry
- Include as many vegetables in your diet as possible
- Snack on vegetables such as carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce and celery before meals and between meals
- Replace desserts, chips, cookies and other sugary items with fresh fruits
- Soups and salads before meals will help you to eat less. Make your own homemade soups or check labels for calorie counts
- Resolve to stay away from fast food restaurants
- Avoid sugar, white flour and white rice. Substitute whole grains products for these
- When eating out order low calorie foods. Some restaurants serve larger portions than you should eat, so invite a friend along to share
- Think positive thoughts: I can lose this weight. I can lose this weight.
- Experiment with different flavorings while cutting out the fats
- Buy some good low calorie cookbooks and exchange weight loss recipes with friends
- Cut back on the salt as much as possible. Instead, experiment with different spices and herbs
Great Healthy Lunch
Healthy Choice Vegetable Dish
Enjoy Some Healthy Fruit
Healthy Substitutes Will Help You Reach Your Goals
Making some small changes in your lifestyle and eating habits can have a big impact on whether you are successful with losing the weight. Here are some suggestions for making some of those small changes:
- Instead of that can or bottle of soda enjoy a cold glass of water
- Skip the butter, and use olive oil instead
- Eat fruits, vegetables and nuts in place of candy and sweets
- Have yogurt with fruit instead of whipped topping
- Use salad dressing on the side. Dip your fork into the dressing then into your salad. You will have just enough to taste the dressing without so many calories.
- Eat more chicken and fish and less red meat
Exercise Will Help You Lose The Weight
For even better weight loss results, combine your new healthy eating lifestyle with a good exercise program. Exercise is a matter of personal choice. Walking, especially with a friend, is a great way to get the weight off faster. This is a great choice also if you are unable to afford a gym membership. If you can afford a gym membership, you should see good results using weight strengthening exercises. Dance classes or yoga classes offer social contact as well as getting in shape. Biking, swimming, jogging are also some other excellent forms of exercise. Summer gardening and mowing the lawn offer good types of exercise, as well. It is not so important what type of exercise you choose to engage in, but what is important is that you get up and get moving.
Good luck with your weight loss program. Take care of your body and it will take care of you. Try to stay positive and know that you are a special person who deserves to be healthy and happy. You will always be a success if you remember that no matter what your weight is, if you learn to always love yourself.
Yoga Easy Exercise Great Results
Make Yourself Pledge To Be Healthier
Do you plan to make it a healthier New Year for Yourself
Weight Loss Formula
Yoga: Great Exercise For Fitness And Weight Loss
Yoga Has Many Benefits Such As Weight Loss
- Yoga Great Benefits for Every Body
Yoga can truly change your life, your body and your health when you get in the habit of practicing yoga on a regular basis. Yoga can be practiced by both young and old.