Weight Watchers Meetings
Weight Watchers Meetings: Why?
Being part of a winning team may be just what you need to conquer the weight loss struggle! When you join Weight Watchers, you are joining a community of successful dieters who are liberating themselves of unwanted pounds and inches. They found their answer, and you will, too.
As you become familiar with the program and meet the great people who attend the meetings, you will see that there is an empowerment you get by gathering with others who have similar problems and the same goal. All you'll have to do is look around and listen to the testimonies to realize that it can be done. The leaders, and many regulars in attendance, have already lost the excess pounds and are successfully maintaining their ideal weight. Others are well on their way. If they can do it, you can, too!
Benefits of Weight Watchers Meetings
Accountability. With the help of a trained leader, you weigh-in on a weekly basis. It is totally confidential and an important part of the process. The leaders all began as Weight Watchers members, just like you. Each one has experienced the ups and downs of the weight loss journey and will be a coach and encourager as you move toward your goal.
Advisors. Attending meetings gives you the benefit of expert advice from leaders who succeeded on the program and have maintained their weight loss victory. They will help you to get the most out of the plan each and every week.
Anonymity. You never have to worry about being put on the spot. Sit in the back of the room and be a silent onlooker or be an active participant. Your choice. You can be as involved as you are comfortable. Being in a roomful of fellow Weight Watchers is encouraging. You’ll enjoy hearing about their discoveries, set-backs and victories. Weight Watchers meetings can be fun!
Answers Being a part of the group gives you the opportunity to ask questions and get immediate answers on how to make the program work better for you. Leaders and members, alike, are happy to help. As you gain more experience, you will be able to give advice and encourage others, as well.
Applause. Whether it is during your private weigh-in session or public praise for a job well done, it is very motivating to receive approval. Soon you’ll be getting positive feedback from people in the rest of your life, as you shrink before their eyes. They’ll be asking you why you look so great!
Weight Watchers Meetings: What are they like?
The meetings last about 30 minutes. You can come and go as need be but try to stay for the whole thing as often as possible.
- Weigh-in: At your very first meeting you will be given lots of materials to explain the program and keep you on track. Plan to arrive a half-hour early and stay an extra 15 minutes afterward, just this first time. New members will be taught how the program works in a separate session, following the regular group session. This is very important to your success and you will want to take the time to get the scoop. From therein out, you will weigh in at the beginning of every meeting.
- Pay for the meeting. There is a charge of $13.00 per meeting. If you purchase a Monthly Pass it reduces the weekly cost to less than $10.00 plus you get the benefit of the online E-tools. The E-tools are a great help in charting your course and making your plan as enjoyable as possible. They are also part of the Weight Watchers Online program, for those who can’t fit meetings into their schedules.
- Take a seat. Listen as the leader recaps the great results some of the members had from the previous week (all public-praise is done with advance permission). Some will receive stars, ribbons and awards for accomplishments. Those who reach their goals and become Lifetime Members* receive much deserved acclaim. Even if you're shy, when you do become a Lifetimer, try to share something about your experience with the rest of the group. They will love to hear how you did it!
- "The Talk" After honors are given, the leader will motivate the group to press on. Sometimes they will share new recipes and product discoveries that will be of help. Some members may have questions. Others may have some frustrations and need to know that it’s OK, better days are coming. It’s all about community and support.
- Products such as calculators, scales, cookbooks and delicious Weight Watchers snacks are available for purchase at the meetings but you will never be pressured into buying anything. New members who do not purchase a plan which includes e-tools will need to buy a Weight Watchers Points Plus™ calculator, though. It is a necessary tool to being able to calculate points. They are available from other sources, such as Amazon, but the best price may be found at the meeting.
Finding a Meeting
Weight Watchers has meetings almost everywhere. Go to their official website and click on "Find a Meeting" at the top of the screen. Enter your zip code and several possibilities should show up.
Pick the location and time that work best for you. No need to call ahead. Just show up.
Quick Link: FIND A WEIGHT WATCHERS' MEETING NEAR ME
Get Your Tools Here
Lots More About ...
About the Author...
What's a "Lifetime Member"
*Lifetime Members are those who reached their weight loss goal and have maintained it, within 2 pounds, for six weeks. Following that great accomplishment, they may attend all meetings for free. The only requirement to continue "free" status is that they weigh-in once a month and be no more than 2 pounds above their ideal weight.