Weightless Workout At Home
Thanks to the ever competitive world stress levels and obesity are at an all time high , which are just the start of many other health concerns . A fresh mind and a healthy body is an absolute necessity to achieve success in any field and its not difficult to achieve , but due our hectic work schedule we don't have time to look after our body . You don't need to go to gym and do all those lengthy aerobic sessions to stay fit . A simple 45 min long workout at home can serve the purpose .
Seven simple exercise to build muscle at home
Before starting , there are some tips that you must consider :
- Remember to get a good warm-up and finish off with a slow cool down.
- Do your muscle training three to four times a week , overdoing it can do more harm than good .
- Proper technique is must otherwise it may lead to back problems .
- The most important tip is to get proper rest after workout . Your muscles need time to repair themselves and growing into the shape and size . So to increase your muscle size , rest is must .
1> Pull ups : In pull-ups you lift your own body-weight. Its the best exercise you can do for upper body muscles . The technique is fairly simple but can be difficult to perform for some people .
- Stand under the bar and grab the bar with both hands, shoulder width or slightly wide .
- Cross your feet behind.
- Exhale and pull your body towards the bar until your forehead is parallel to the bar.
- Inhale and slowly lower your body back to the starting position.
- Repeat the same process till fail .
2 > Push Ups : The simplest of muscle building exercise . Remember to keep your back straight during exercise to avoid back pains . The technique is very important for proper shape of the chest .
- Get in a kneeling position, then bend forward and place your hands on the floor, slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Keep your legs slightly apart and your body should make a straight line .
- Inhale while your lower yourself to the floor till your chest is just about to touch the ground .
- Exhale and push upward. Maintain the same straight-line form .
- Do it 10-15 times , don't over do it .
3 > Hand Stand Pull Ups : are the best shoulder exercise if you can do with proper technique . but its hard for the starters to do it properly so make sure you have some help while trying this .
- Start by using a wall as your support . Place your hands on the ground about 1 foot away from the wall.
- Now use your arms to lower your head slowly towards the ground.you can put a pillow or something to support your head.
- Once your head touches the pillow , move your legs back up .Then repeat the process .
- Do as many repetitions as you can while maintaining control and good form .
4 > Bench Dips : Dips are the simplest and the best exercise for building triceps . All you need is a couple of flat benches or simple chairs will also do.
- Sit on one bench and place your hands on the bench as shown in the figure , now stretch your legs and place your feet on the other bench .
- Push yourself up so your arms are straight, then bend your elbows until your upper arms are parallel to the floor and your hips towards the floor .
- Raise yourself straight up so your hips are in line with the bench.
- Lower yourself again and repeat , you can use some weight to make it more challenging .
5 > Bicycle Crunches : Bicycle crunches is another technique of crunches , the advantage being that it doesn't put unwanted stress on your back .
- Lie on back with knees bent and calves parallel to floor .
- Cup ears loosely with hands .
- Move legs in bicycle motion(elbows to opposite knees).
- Keep heels four inches off floor .
- Continue till fail .
6 > Body weight Squats : This knee muscles are targeted through squats so Keep your back straight, eyes facing forwards and chest out .
- Stand straight up with your feet around shoulder width apart .
- Interlock your fingers and straighten your arms out in front of you .
- Keeping looking in front , back straight and slowly squat down keeping your knees in line with your toes and pulling your hips out.
- Once your thighs are parallel with the floor push back up through your heels .
- Repeat 15-20 times .
7 > Standing Calf Raise : The standing calf raise exercise targets your calf muscles , to make it more challenging you can carry some weight .
- Stand straight with your abdominals pulled in, feet firmly planted on the floor .
- Raise one of your feet so that your complete body weight is on the other feet .
- Raise heel of your planted feet a few inches above the floor so that you’re on the tiptoes.
- Hold the position for a moment , and then lower your heels to the surface .
- Repeat it few times then change the position and work on the other feet with same technique .