- Mental Health»
- Mental Health Self-Help
Weird Sleep Disorders
- Sleep-walking- The person walks during sleep and carries out automatic motor activities. He or she may get up from the bed, open the door, walk for a while up to a certain distance and then return back to his bed. This is a dissociated, conscious state.
- Sleep talking- The person talks during his sleep with intense emotions . She may even cry or laugh while talking. But in most cases, the person is unable to recall this act after he/ she is awake.
- Tooth grinding- The person forcefully and involuntarily grinds his or her teeth while sleeping. Even in this case, the person absolutely forgets his / her act.
- Sleep terrors-The person wakes up screaming with profuse sweating, tachycardia and hyperventilation.He/she is usually not able to remember it in the morning.
Weird Sleep Disorders
Weird Psychiatric Disorders-
- Obsessive- compulsive disorders(OCD)-it includes obsessive thoughts and acts. The person repeatedly keeps doing the same thing with full dedication , although being aware of the fact that what he/ she has been doing is unnecessary or wrong.
They are usually-
Washers-compulsion is washing hands repeatedly on touching anything , even his/ her own household things. It is due to fear of contamination.
Checkers – the person is made to feel that he or she is forgetting to do something like locking the door or putting the lights off.
Pure obsession-this is associated with imaginary thoughts which he/she is compelled to think repeatedly involuntarily.
Primaty obsessive slowness- the person’s obsession and compulsive rituals make him or her carry out daily activities slowly.
- PANIC DISORDERS-there are episodes of acute anxiery , seen commonly in females. The person is extremely anxious as to how to complete or accomplish something. It may be due to variety of causes. But panic lasts for only a few minutes.
- Dissociative amnesia-inability to recall past experiences, usually after a traumatic injury or stress.
Weird Eating Disorders-
- Anorexia nervosa- intense fear of getting obese. Hence he/she refuses to eat.
- Bulima nervosa-the person overeats even if he/she feels unwell or vomits.
- Binge eating disorders- the person consumes a large amount of food at a time in a very short period of time, leading to abdominal discomfort.
Weird Eating Disorders
- Agoraphobia-fear of standing or being open, public places and crowded, congested areas.
- Social phobia-fear of social interaction and public performance.
- Acarophobia-abnormal fear of insects.
- Claustrophobia-abnormal fear of staying in closed places.
- Needle phobia- fear to take injection of any sort. The person shouts and denies to take the injection even if it is essential for his /her treatment.
- Xenophobia-for facing strangers
- Algophobia- dread of pain
- Gamophobia-abnormal dread to get married.
- Zoophobia-fear of animals.
It is a false perception.
- Visual hallucinations-the person perceives those objects which are actually not present at that time. For instance, a poolin the desert.
- Auditory hallucinations-false perception of sounds, loud noise, soothing music or calls. The person takes it seriously and responds.
- Olfactory hallucinations-false sense of smell(sour, bitter , sweet).
- Tactile hallucinations-the person wrongly feels as if some insect or rodent is crawling over his/her body.
- Lilliputian hallucination-the person perceives the object to be smaller than normal.
Delusion disorders/ false beliefs
- Delusion of grandeur-the person imagines him to be rich.
- Delusion of poverty- the person feels that he or she is deprived of all material possessions/money.
- Delusion of persecution- the person imagines his/ her relatives to have evil motivations. The person have suicidal feelings too.
- Delusion of influence- the person complains that his /her thoughts and acts are being influenced by other people.
- Delusion of self-criticism- the person criticizes himself/ herself of some imaginary offence.
Weird Delusion disorders
Weird Impulsive Disorders
- Kleptomania-compulsion of steal things even if it is of little value.
- Dipsomania-compulsion to drink alcoholic beverages .
- Pyromania-desire to set things on fire.
- Multilomania-desire to injure animals.
- Omniomania-desire to sleep.
- Suicidal impulse-intense want to suicide.
- Homicidal impulse-desire to kill someone suddenly.
Weird Impulsive Disordes
Weird Acts due to Psychaitric Disorders
- Negativism- doing just the opposite of what he/she is asked to do.
- Echopraxia-repeating the act of another.
- Twilight state-disturbed consciousness of short duration with hallucination.