What Foods Reverse Aging?
The Top 5 Foods
1. Cruciferous vegetables like kale, broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower. These veggies have chemicals in them that can prevent cancer by detoxifying your body.
2. Eggs pack a great punch of protein while reducing inflammation in your brain. The yolks protect the retina in your eyes from sun damage.
3. Beets improve blood flow throughout your body by dilating blood vessels. The iron content in beets will help keep anemia at bay.
4. Blueberries are not only delicious but they can also combat tumor growth. The powerful antioxidants in blueberries fight free radicals that can cause cancer.
5. Tomatoes contain redcarotene and lycopene that protect against prostate, skin, colon and lung cancer. Studies have also shown that tomatoes can lower the risk of heart disease.
5 Foods That Boost Collagen
The more collagen in the skin's tissue, the more supple and smooth your skin will be. As we age, the body produces less collagen leaving your skin dehydrated and then wrinkles form. In addition to topically anti-aging treatments, you can keep your skin plump by eating the proper foods.
1. Fish like salmon and tuna are packed with omega-3 fatty acids. This creates the fatty membrane that surrounds skin cells and protects them.
2. Carrots and sweet potatoes (orange vegetables) have vitamin A that helps regenerate damaged collagen.
3. Soy from tofu, cheese or milk can block enzymes that age the skin.
4. White tea is known to protect the essential proteins of the skin. It can prevent enzymes that contribute to wrinkles by breaking them down.
5. Garlic is one of the best sources of sulfur. Sulfur is what our body needs to produce collagen in our body. Any collagen fibers that have been damaged can be repaired by consuming garlic.
Eat For Heart Health
To lower your risk of heart disease the leading killer in America eat:
1. Lots of fish
2. Fruits and vegetables
3. Low-fat dairy
4. Whole grains
5. Nuts and beans
6. Use olive oil, peanut oil and safflower oil