- Quality of Life & Wellness
8 Great Ways To Meditate
Finding Peace Within
There are a lot of ways one can meditate, and go within. Every meditation style is different. It just depends on what your intentions are. I've listed some different styles of meditation. Find the one or ones that you are drawn to. You may want to try each one and then use the one or ones that resonate with you.
To start a meditation practice, have a quiet place that is clutter free. You might want to try doing your meditation outside in nature. Notice the difference between indoors and outside meditation areas and pick a place you feel comfortable with.
Here are some seated meditations, that one could do on the floor, or sitting on a chair.
1. Breathing- With eyes closed, focus on the breath going in and out. This is good start to any mediating practice. Try doing it for 5-10 minutes a day.
2. Releasing and Let Go- With eyes closed, focus on releasing any blocks, anger, and negative thoughts that you are ready to let go of. If it's a meditation at the end of the day, let go of all the things you did or didn't do for the day, the people you talked to, stress, mind clutter, what ever it is that's your mind needs to be let go of. Then think of what would you like to replace it with. Something like being positive, joyful, what makes you feel happy, relaxed, and at peace. Use a journal to express what you are letting go of and to write down what you are replacing it with. Try doing this for 5-20 minutes.
3. Affirmations & Prayers- With eyes closed, focus on the affirmation or prayer. Repeat it as often as you like until you feel at peace with it. Use affirmation that start with "I Am" this creates the affirmation in the moment of the now. Example, I am abundant, I am healthy, I am happy, and I am at peace.
- How Do You Serve Humanity?
Our world is changing. Will it be a positive world or a negative world? Our human behavior can take a step up to empower others to make our world a better place. In the Webster's Dictionary the definition...
- 20 Ways To Love Yourself More
We all could use more self love in our lives. I made a list of things that I do for self love. I hope my list will give you ideas on how to love yourself more. You can make your own self love list or...
- How To Create Wellness in Your Body.
When I think of wellness, I think of the mind, body, spirit connection. When you are balanced in all three connections you create better wellness with in yourself. Wellness can come from the foods you eat,...
- Awakening the God Within
There are a lot of names to call the one power that resides in you. Some call it source energy, connection to the universe, God-self, I Am, Buddha, Creator within, the divine, your light, your higher self,...
4. Visualizing and Manifesting- With eyes closed, think of what you would like to create in your life. Be it a home, relationship, job, places you would like to travel to, things you would like to buy. Whatever that would make you happy. Now, put in all the how, who, what, where, when, and why that describes what you would like. Do this 5 minutes in the morning and at night for greater results.
5 Guidance- When you need an answer to a problem you are dealing with. Think of the question that you need guidance to. You may want to write it in your journal. Close your eyes, deep breath and try to get neutral to the question by taking your attention way from the problem and how to solve it. Become at peace with what ever the results may be. When you truly let go of the problem, you will get an answer.
- Ten Great Ideas For Journals
I love to journal. I have found some great ideas for your journals. Having a journal for each topic helps me stay more organized. You don't need a fancy journal. Notebooks, paper in a binder are still...
- How To Find Peace Within Yourself
One looks for peace within ones self. There is so much noise around us today, kids screaming, music blaring, traffic, countries at war, and bad things on the news. The list goes on and on. It is enough to...
- How To Create a Great Spa Day
Ever wonder how you can create a restful spa environment in your home? Ive been work in spas for years and Im going to tell you how you can achieve the same results. First tidy up your place and get it...
6. Objects- Using objects to meditate with. Objects can be a picture, crystal, shell, rock, any thing of nature, or any thing that gives you joy, makes you happy, and has positive affect on you . Close your eyes, hold the object in your hands and just notice what this object feels to you. Let that feeling vibrate through your whole body. Breathe. This can be done in 10-20 minutes or more.
7. Laughing- Many of us are stressed out, and take thing too seriously. We forget to laugh and let go. When you laugh things change into a more positive direction. With eyes closed, focus on something that makes you laugh. This could be a joke, stand up route, a funny TV show or movie. If you can't think of anything funny try to laugh. Chances are you will start laughing and feel better by doing so. Try for 5 minutes or more.
8. Mantras- With eyes closed, focus on the breath, and then say your mantra out loud. A mantra could be "OM", "I Am", peace, love, Repeat the same word over. Try for 5 minutes or more.
How often do you like to meditate?
I hope this gives you some good ideas of how to bring meditation into your life.