What actually a lemon can do to your body
I am an athlete and getting hurt on my knees or several other places on my body whenever I fall down is quite common to me. Every time I consult a doctor for any such serious injuries, besides having Vitamin capsules, I was recommended to incorporate Vitamin C in my diet or drink a glass of lemon juice for the immediate recovery. Who on earth would like to eat capsules daily? and hence, the second option seemed better to me. And after years of drinking a glass of lemon juice daily and based on my research, I have made a decision to write this article and here are the advantages of using lemon.
1. Improves the immune system
Lemon is rich in Vitamin C, which is said to be the best remedy for those who have immune system deficiencies and cardiovascular disease. Vitamin C is one of the safest nutrients that can be used even without taking some else's advice.
2. Cleanses your body from within
The citric nature of lemon kills most of those gems that are trying to bring down your immune system. It cleanses your body from within and gives your face that natural glow and also helps in reducing the wrinkles on your face.
3. Reduces weight
To all those people who wants to reduce those unwanted bodily fats, lemon is your best friend. There is scientific evidence which shows that people incorporating vitamin C in their diet have put their body weight under control and this is the reason behind nutritionists including Vitamin C based vegetables in the diet charts.
4. Natural Bleaching Agent
Many beauty gurus advise their clients to rub lemon on the lips or underarm areas to help reduce the darkness. Lemon juice is also included in most of the natural face packs to give your face that natural glow.
5. Works as an anti-dandruff agent
To those of you who have tried almost all of those anti-dandruff shampoos and yet haven't found results just like me, you have got to try this simple step.
Just apply castor oil(a bonus remedy :D) to your hair at least an hour before you take head bath and while taking head bath, add few drops of lemon juice to an ice cold water in a mug as a final step of rinsing off the shampoo .
Just like every coin has two sides, there disadvantages of using lemon in excess
1. The citric nature of lemon might destroy your teeth's enamel. If you were to drink lemon juice, using a straw would be advisable.
2. Not just lemon, if you have used any bleaching agent on your skin stay away from the sun for a minimum of six hours otherwise your skin becomes darker.
3. Drinking too much of lemon juice might leave your stomach upset since lemon is acidic in nature and you are adding more acid to the natural acid that your stomach produces