What is ADHD: A Discussion and Definition
ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is basically defined as the situation by which a person [child or adult] experiences attention deficiency and hyperactivity at the same time. One behavior affecting the other, individuals with ADHD often find it hard to concentrate on one matter alone and keep focus. It has been observed that the hyperactive characteristic they have jeopardize their capacity to give attention to what they are doing or are assigned to do within a specific time.
Most often than not, children around the globe undergo this particular psychological diagnosis. At least 3 to 5 percent of children around the globe are known sufferers from the said disability.
The sad fact is that at least 46% of those who are suffering from ADHD actually continue to develop the same situation up to the point of adulthood. Hence, psychologists distinctively point out that ADHD can be managed but it is not possible to completely eliminate the matter from an individual diagnosed to already suffering from it since childhood.
Considered as a disruptive behavior, most of those who suffer from the situation are misjudged as rebels, although the truth is, they have less control of their actions because of the makeup of their brain. As a matter of fact, some of those who are diagnosed with ADHD end up hating themselves due to the idea that they are never understood by anyone else. It is for this reason that it is suggested that when a child is observed to have the symptoms of ADHD, he or she immediately be subjected to psychological testing methods for early diagnosis.
Knowing the occurrence of the problem later on would be a great help not only for the child but for the parents who are expected to serve as guide to the young one. This would provide them a chance to choose the most viable path towards dealing with the issue in a more positive manner.
for more helpful information relating to kids and ADHD, please check the following hubs
- How to Deal with ADHD found at http://rutheddavid.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Deal-with-ADHD
- ADHD: Result of Genes or Parenting? Found at http://rutheddavid.hubpages.com/hub/ADHD-Result-of-Genes-or-Parenting
- What is ADHD: A Discussion and Definition found at http://rutheddavid.hubpages.com/hub/What-is-ADHD-A-Discussion-and-Definition
- Hyperactivity and Impulsivity: Main Aspects of ADHD found at http://rutheddavid.hubpages.com/hub/Hyperactivity-and-Impulsivity-Main-Aspects-of-ADHD
- ADHD and the Human Brain found at http://rutheddavid.hubpages.com/hub/ADHD-and-the-Human-Brain
- ADHD and the Aspect of Non-Aggression in Kids http://rutheddavid.hubpages.com/hub/ADHD-and-the-Aspect-of-Non-Aggression-in-Kids