What is Kinect Xbox? Buy Kinect. Best and Top ten fitness, exercise and dance games in Kinect.
What is a Kinect?
Microsoft Kinect is a motor detector for controlling the XBOX 360 without a controller - using a camera and a microphone. Yes! you read it right, you can control XBOX without a controller. It's powerful camera can track 48 points of your body (your entire 3D space) in realtime for up to two players simultaneously. It is also equipped with a microphone, so that you can talk to the XBOX 360. Interestingly, you can also video chat with your friends if they are on Xbox Live or Windows Live Messenger. Check the video below if you want to know how Kinect works.
Check how kinect works
Top Ten Kinect Games for 2011
Acoording to sunforged some of the best Kinect games for 2011 are: Kinect Adventures (similar to Wii Sports game pack), Fitness Evolved (Yoga classes, Tai Chi classes and Martial Arts classes are also available), EA Sports Active, Dance Central and Kinectimals. In his article, he has explained each of the above games and there are also links where you can purchase them.
Fitness and Exercise games in Kinect
Lots of people struggle with getting in shape and staying in shape. With Kinect, you can play video games and burn your calories. You can also get valuable, real time feedback from the Kinect games telling you how well you are doing the various exercises. Kinect exercise games are like having a fitness trainer right there in your home. Here are a list of Kinect exercise games
- Zumba Fitness Party
- Biggest Loser
- EA Sports Active 2.0
- Your Shape: Fitness Evolved
If you like to know more about these games check this link
Dance games in Kinect
Here is a list of dance games in Kinect
- Dance Masters (you can share your dance poses, steps, moves and snapshots with other Kinect users)
- Dance Central
- Zumba Fitness (It is a combination of fitness and dance moves on swinging latin music - from Salsa, Flamenco, Cumbia to Merengue)
- Dance Paradise (you can show your dancing moves to a playlist of 40 international Hip Hop, Pop, Rock, R&B, Dance tracks)
- Michael Jackson: The Experience (It put you in the shoes of Michael Jackson and 'moonwalk' yourself into the game)
Lee Alexis has written a beautiful article explaining each of the above dance games
Pros and Cons of Fitness games
There are also other fitness games like Wii Fit and Move. If you like to compare the pros and cons of different fitness games, I like to recommend an article
- How to help a teenager learn sexual self control, chastity and respect for others - Generation Life
Teenage life is the most difficult phase of life. Many parents have difficult time with their teenagers. Parents also find it difficult to explain the importance of chastity to their teenagers. Read the article - tips for parents to help your teenage
- Wii Fit, Kinect and Move: a closer look at virtual workouts