- Exercise & Fitness
What is a Thigh Gap?
Thigh Gap Explained
If you type in 'thigh gap' into a search engine, almost immediately pages upon pages of results talking about the pressures of the thigh gap, pictures of girls trying to achieve the thigh gap, and even a few explanations of what the thigh gap is. There are even pages that try and explain how to develop a thigh gap.
The thigh gap emerged from the internet and continues to sweep the globe and claim victims as it's popularity continues to rise. According to a USAToday article, experts are concerned that this trend will help contribute to eating disorders.
The ultimate goal of the thigh gap is to become so skinny that the upper part of the legs don't even touch when the feet are put together..
According to experts, the thigh gap is actually virtually impossible. There are many misconceptions about this so called thigh gap.
- the thigh gap is so rare that 5% of the world's women have one
- even if you are a size 0 it is still unlikely you will have a 'gap'
- your hips determine how your legs are. If you have narrow hips and the bones angle inward, there is really no way to have a thigh gap, no matter how hard you try
- if the hips are wider, there are numerous ways to have the 'gap' no matter what weight you are
- bone structure is bone structure, there is no way to change how your bones are formed
To Have Or Not To Have?
With or without the thigh gap, women can still be considered beautiful. Whether your legs touch or not has nothing to do with who you are as a person. It is just merely a part of you. It does not define you.