- Vision & Eye Care
What you need to know about conjunctivitis.
Conjunctivitis is an inflammatory condition benign, produced by bacteria, viruses (in the case of infectious conjunctivitis), allergen or chemicals. This eye disease is manifested by a common symptomatology, regardless of the cause that provokes it. Is characterized by an epithelial secretion, tears, mucus and debris.
Signs and Symptoms:
- Ocular itching.
- Eye irritation.
- Burning sensation in the eyes.
- Exudation, which can be: aqueous, mucopurulent or purulent.
- Ocular edema.
- Pain and feeling of foreign matter in the eye.
As should beware the eyes of people who have conjunctivitis.
- Make eye washing with saline solution until the eye is completely clean of crusting.
- Pull gently on the outside of the lower eyelid down, place one drop of the bottom of the conjunctival sac and keep the eye closed, unblinking.
- Keep the eye closed 3 to 5 minutes.
- Eye ointments should be used at night.