How to Choose Between Natural Birth and Epidural Birth
Which one is The Best - Epidural or Natural Childbirth
The best way to answer this question is basically that you need to prepare yourself prior to labor and be ready to make the decision at this point. Ger rid of stress and anxiety for ease of the body and mind during pregnancy and during labor, which helps in having an increased pain tolerating capacity.
This choice is dependent upon two equally important, but sometimes conflicting things: the women’s personal preference and the status or progression of labor. For this one should know the merits and demerits of each.
Natural birth -Childbirth With Natural Way
- Natural birth involves no anesthesia, medication, or surgery.
- It is safe for mother and baby and involves
no other complications if there is no obstruction from the part of mother
or from the baby. As there is no involvement of anesthesia the mother
will have a good idea of what is happening, the progression of labor
and contractions and at the same time an idea of when to exert the push
which is of vital importance in the process of delivery. More over there
is no restriction to the movement.
- Usually the babies are more alert after a natural childbirth and spend more time breastfeeding for the first few hours of life and also adds to the intimacy.
- The techniques
for natural childbirth are not invasive and, therefore, there is a lower
risk of infection for the mother and the baby.
- Some women like to feel
how the birth is progressing. During natural childbirth; there is no
need to be hooked up to an IV machine, so there is more room to move
around with ease.
- Women who go on natural are less likely to need another medication to speed up contractions.
Epidural Birth -Childbirth Without Pain
- Epidural is a safe form of
pain relief during childbirth using an anesthetic. It is injected into
the spine while the woman is awake and numbs her from the waist down.
- Mother will be well aware of what is going on, and may even feel some
contractions, but certainly not the major ones involved in child birth.
- Prolonged stages of delivery can be relieved or made ease by this and
also imparts some sort of relaxation for the mothers and make the childbirth
experience a better one. So epidural can be considered as the best type
of pain control during birth.
- Since it is form of local anesthesia,
there are common bad effects of anesthesia like headaches, low back
ache after recovery from anesthesia and occasionally failure to establish
anesthesia and a drop in blood pressure.
- There is also a very small, but not absent, possibility of having permanent nerve damage from anesthesia. Some patients are allergic to anesthetic medications. In some case it prolongs unnecessarily the progression of labor as the patient is unaware of the contractions and when to exert the push and necessitates the use of vacuum delivery or forceps delivery.
So it’s up to you, give the
best for you and your baby.