Why Am I Not Losing Any Weight?
The Weight Loss Issue For Most
Sometimes we just get discouraged when we do our best to lose weight. We try to convince ourselves that we really did gain some muscles or slimmed down some ... when in actuality we know that really couldn't be possible! Wishful thinking right? Many of us want quick results with the least amount of resistance. And some of us seeing the weight loss successes that other women have, so we try to adopt hard to follow diets or workouts that hurt.
Weight loss happens when you take your eyes off of others and focus on your personal health. When you make your reason for losing weight a reason that's realistic, you'll be able to start making real progress that'll last. It's better to lose weight little by little than to lose it quickly just to gain it all back and some. Why we want to lose weight is just as important as how we lose it.
Asking The Hard Questions
But, in all seriousness, you won't really see the results of your hard work until about a month as long as you're mixing in proper nutrition. Here's why. What you fuel your body plays the leading role in your fitness results. They say fitness is 80% of what you eat and 20% of what you do. So, if you've been at it with the workout grind for months and wondering why you haven't been seeing much progress, ask yourself:
- "Am I ready to be honest with myself?"
- "How have I really been eating day-to-day?"
- "Am I willing to let go of my bad habits?"
Really ask yourself the hard questions and be completely honest with yourself. You know what you're doing well and where you're struggling. Now, this isn't by any means to discourage you. It's to get you to realize that the most important equation of your workout results needs some love and attention.
How To Start Seeing Weight Loss
1. Get an awesome coach. It's a great idea to team up with a coach to helping you get the best possible results. Beachbody coaches are some of the best because they find a program that'll suit your goals and coach you through it for free. Many of them run accountability groups and check on their clients personally. It's worth the investment if you're really looking to see results and make simple lifestyle changes.
2. Observe how you eat daily. Track your eating habits over the span of a week to make small, realistic changes. They say, "Abs are made in the kitchen." It's true! Weight loss is more about what you eat than exercise. Too much of even the healthiest foods will lead to weight gain. Calories in, calories out is essentially how our bodies are hardwired to lose weight, but of course, it's best to do this in a way that'll benefit your health as well.
3. Follow a healthy meal plan. Eat towards your goals with a meal plan that'll provide nutrients and help cut excess calories. There are tons of meal ideas out there, but a plan that'll help you reach your goals is what's needed. One that includes treats on the weekends and has doesn't deprive you of the fun foods is best. The goal is to get down to your healthy weight and maintain it happily!
4. Get sweaty during the week. Make it your duty to sweat a few times a week and show up for yourself. Do something you actually enjoy so that you can stick with it. There are multiple ways to get a good sweat for every level of fitness. It'll benefit your heart and help you keep your calories low so you can drop the stubborn pounds. Dance workouts, yoga, pilates, walking, and weight lifting are just a few great ideas.
5. Plan to celebrate successes. Record your progress periodically and plan to reward yourself for your hard work! Making visual checkpoints in your journey like writing on a board, calendar, notebook, or doing something more creative make a huge difference. It's not only helpful to see how you're doing, but it's also perfect for having reason to celebrate. When measuring your progress be mindful of the non-scale victories that you've gained. There's so much beyond the scale to be proud of!
Something To Remember
It's important to have grace on yourself. It's going to take time to see progress, but that's where the magic happens. Nothing that comes quickly ever stays long enough to enjoy and it's surely the same case here.
It's a journey that you embark, not a quick fix. Remember that! The thing with quick fixes is that they're rarely ever healthy and don't tend to encourage you to create healthy habits to continue with thereon after.
Now, I know what you're thinking: "Well, I'm not exactly sure what to eat." "Eating healthy is just overrated." "Counting calories is way too much work." "I don't want to starve or deprive myself."
There are simple and yes, enjoyable ways to successfully lose weight. So, toss out every thought that's been repelling you from moving forward and start implementing these 5 simple steps to start seeing weight loss.
Be in it for the long run. It doesn't have to be complicated. Healthy and enjoyable weight loss is pretty simple. Reach out to me if you'd like my help as a Beachbody Coach.
This content is for informational purposes only and does not substitute for formal and individualized diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed medical professional. Do not stop or alter your current course of treatment. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2019 Brianna