- Nutritional Advice & Tips
51 Reasons Why Coconut Oil Is a Therapeutic and Healthy Food
Coconut oil? What's all the hype about, you may ask? Well, because there is so much news about it being a "miracle oil", I decided to do a research on this oil and find out more about it. What I discovered is worth reading about. But before I proceed, I need to mention the fact that I have added coconut oil to my daily regimen, and have since never looked back.
I discovered the benefits and therapeutic qualities of coconut oil about 5 years ago but before then, all I knew about coconuts was that its flesh tastes great and is used in many food products like cakes, candy, chocolates, cookies, and soups, and its water, a refreshing drink, is good for oral rehydration therapy (ORT).
Also, its milk is used for my favourite dish, frejon (a delicious coconut bean soup eaten during the Holy Week), its fronds as by-products used for building materials in rural areas, and coconut husks which is used to make things like floor mats, brushes, cooking 'fuel', and building material components.
That's about all I knew about coconuts, that is until coconut oil became an item everyone started talking about.
Therapeutic and Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
Though coconut oil has been used in frying and cooking for centuries, it is doubtful those who used it way back then knew its therapeutic benefits a hundred percent, but then, perhaps they did know but it's us modern day people that don't.
According to the Coconut Research Centre, when the oil is cold-pressed (virgin), it is not only good to guard against certain health conditions, it also helps to alleviate and even cure many other diseases and disorders, 51 of which are listed below:
- Helps with the immune system performance
- Boosts the production of insulin in Type2 diabetes patients
- Good for brain health
- Gives you the good cholesterol and improves its ratio which reduces the risk of heart disease
- Treats abscesses and boils
- Helps with nausea
- Treats scabies and other skin diseases
- Protects against some kidney diseases, dissolves kidney stones, and prevents bladder infections
- Treats jaundice and helps eradicate the symptoms of the disease by treating the problem at the root, the liver
- Possesses anti-oxidant properties
- Shrinks moles and warts and other similar skin growths
- Treats psoriasis
- Great for the skin, and promotes nail and hair growth
- Boosts energy and increases endurance, especially for athletes
- Good for oil pulling (an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique used to draw out toxins from the mouth)
- Possesses teeth-whitening properties and is beneficial for gum health
- Reduces problems associated with cystic fibrosis
- Improves bowel and digestive functions
- Its use reduces the risk of heart disease
- Relieves symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
- Supports thyroid functions
- Increases the body's metabolic rate
- A treatment for baldness and hair thinning
- Great for wound healing and bruises (tissue repair properties)
- Alleviates irregular and painful menstruation
- Kills and prevents lice in humans and pets
- Kills viruses associated with herpes, influenza, and measles (in kids)
- Kills bacteria that cause urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Treats ringworm, diaper rash in babies, and thrush
- Reduces the symptoms of pancreatitis
- Helps in the development of strong bones and teeth
- Protects against osteoporosis
- Helps to prevent tooth decay and clears halitosis
- Prevents harmful free radicals that promote degenerative diseases in the elderly
- Reduces epileptic seizures
- Helps to prevent obesity and excessive weight gain
- Cures arthritis (risk of this disorder increases as we grow older)
- Has miraculous brain healing abilities that can reverse Alzheimer's disease and prevent dementia
- Fights many neurological and neurodegenerative disorders such as Parkison's disease and can reverse Alzheimer's disease
- Will prevent the onset of dementia if taken regularly, from the age of fifty
41. Coconut oil cures genital herpes
42. Cures shingles (a painful acute inflammation of the nerve ganglia)
43. Great to treat severe acid reflux
44. Treats and clears eczema
45. Heals burns fast while preventing it from blisters
46. Kills and expels tapeworms
47. Improves magnesium and calcium absorption
48. Helps relieve symptoms associated with gallbladder disease
49. Alleviates pain and discomfort caused by haemorrhoids
50. Coconut oil protects the arteries from the causes of atherosclerosis
51. Helps to protect the body from colon, breast, and other forms of cancer, and will remove pre-cancerous skin lesions
Cold-pressed coconut oil consumption has absolutely no side effects, is non-toxic to humans and animals, and is quite palatable to the taste.
To be convinced further about the health benefits of this wonderful oil, you can read further about hundreds of users’ success stories. You’ll be amazed at the wonders of coconut oil and what it has done in the lives of many.
Summed up in one statement this nutritious health food "is the healthiest oil on earth" and if you care to research further on it, you'll find that coconut oil is one item you should endeavour to add to your diet. Just two tablespoons of virgin coconut oil are what most of us require each day.
© 2018 viryabo2