Why Should I Eat Organic and Not GMO Foods?
Why should I eat Organic and Not GMO Foods? This is a great question of which I will go over the topics of:
What does Organic Food mean?
What is a GMO food?
And why should I eduacate myself on Healthy foods for me and my family
Thank you for reading this article and I hope that my research will benefit you and your loved ones on making appropriate changes in your diets.
What is a GMO Food?
GMO stands for Genetically Modified Organisms. It is where they transgenically split DNA from two different life forces and splice them together.
Did you know that most foods in your grocery stores are Genetically altered in one way or another?
Please read my article on What is a GMO Food?
What is Organic?
What is Organic Foods?
Organic foods are foods that are NOT:
When growing their Crops, They do not use
- industrial solvents
- synthetic pesticides
- chemical fertilizers
- chemical food additives
- without the use of sewer sludge
- genetically modified organisms (gmo food)
- or ionizing radiation
- Also animals that produce meat, poultry or eggs and dairy products without the use of antibiotics or growth hormones
There are different types of Organic Food Labellings
In farming - USDA Organic Standards regulates and inspects the farms to see if it meets the standards and following the rules to be labeled Certified organic.
Why Should I eat Organic Foods
- Reducing the Toxicity in the air soil and atmosphere
- Reduce Farm pollution
- Healthy Soil to Farm our foods in.
- Tastes better
- Avoid cloned food
- Avoid genetically Modified food
- Avoid rBGH
- Feel better
- Better water, cleaner air, soil and environment
- supporting local farmers
- Have a sense of dignity and standing against society who doesn't care.
Do you know what are the top 10 genetically modified foods are?
Does Organic Food Taste Better Than GMO Food?
Hundreds of gourmet chefs across the nation are choosing organic foods, they taste better, they are more nutritious in vitamins and nutrients. and the quality is superior. Increasing consumers are also buying more because the organic foods taste better.
Buying Organic Foods, means cleaning soils, without pesticides and chemicals its healthier plants that are not genetically modified or altered, no radiation or irradiation processes.
Over All Organic Foods are Healthier Safer and enviromentally safe.
When you eat Organics you are saying YES to nature and NO to Genetic modifications.
Try Organic Food and SEE the differences!!
Why Does Organic Foods cost more?
- This is Not always True.
- But Yes some items do cost more.
- Organic Farmers don't always receive federal subsidies like conventional farmers do.
- There fore their Prices are the true costs of growing.
- Conventional farmers do not pay for the clean-ups that Organic Farmers have to pay.
- Organic farmers have to do more labor and management and are usually smaller farms, they do not benefit from the economy scale.
- most foods cost the same or even a little less.
There are 3 types of organic labeling:
- 100% organic
- Organic with 95% organic
- Made with organic ingredients
Less then 70% organic ingredients may be written as originally produced ingredients. This means that not all ingredients are organic and the claim may not even be made.
Getting Familiar with Organic Labeling
Thank you for taking this time to read this article, I hope that you leave here better informed of the differences between organic and GMO foods and that their is infact a difference. Organic foods is just safer, from the soil up, than GMO foods. I have many other articles on GMO foods, health, recipes, making soaps, remedies, and so much more.
Just follow the butterfly.
Join HubPages its FREE :)
Want to make money doing something that you enjoy?
Hubpages is your online space to share your reviews, advice, opinions, tips or just blog with hundreds of other writers. Hubpages is Free, and you can even earn money and work at home.