The True Benefits of Yoga
If you see people doing crazy positions and learning how to breathe right your probably watching a yoga class. Many people don't understand how hard yoga is, they all think it's just a big joke. Well it's not. Yoga is used by many people including Jennifer Aniston and look how amazing her body is, it's because of yoga! Eating right and exercise will do you some good so don't just sit around all day. Learn how you can start your life by doing yoga, it will make you feel so much younger. Here are some of the great benefits of yoga.
1. Stress Reducer: Yoga is so calming and relaxing it reduces stress quickly and you won't even realize it! Your troubles will begin to melt away, the music you pick to go with your workout should be soothing and will also help you reduce unwanted stress.
2. Flexibility: Yoga is all about being and becoming flexible. When I first started yoga I couldn't even touch my toes! Then after just one video I became so close to doing it that shows how flexible yoga can get you. If you did that 3 times a week you would be a flexibility champ!
3. Toned Muscles: Getting toned is one of the great things that yoga will do for you. Your arms will be slimmer and stronger. Your legs will be toned in a great way everyone will be jealous! Yoga will help you become more fit and stronger and you will be having fun while your doing it.
4. Better Posture: Posture is important when doing yoga and as you begin to do it in videos you will get used to it. Yoga instructors make sure that your posture is strong and straight and it will start to show in your daily lifestyle if you follow your yoga routine.
5. Slows Down the Aging Process: Yoga does for a fact help slow down aging and will boost your energy so you feel years younger.
6. Energy: You will have consistent energy if you practice yoga everyday, if you do yoga properly you will seem to have more energy after than when you started.
7. Your Mood: Yoga helps you keep calm and help you have a happy rest of your day after your done. This is one of the main reasons why I chose to do yoga because of how it makes me feel. I never have felt so good since i've done yoga, it really does make a difference.
8. Meeting People: If you are taking a yoga class you will have the chance to meet people who have similar interests as you. Which this interest is yoga! The nicest most relaxed people will be in your yoga class. Yoga puts you in the best mood so everyone in your class will be super friendly.
9. Normal Paced Metabolism: One of the great things yoga will do for your body is keep your metabolism running normal. The exercises keep your blood pumping and your heart beating which helps out your metabolism which is why yoga does help you lose weight.
10. Reducing Risk Of Cellulite: If your a lady like me I know you worry about having cellulite. No one wants it and is very rare for guys. Yoga actually helps reduce the risk of getting cellulite and help reduce it if you have it.
11. Balance: Balance is a key in yoga and will improve over a few classes or videos. After practicing yoga you will be able to stand on one foot for as long as you like. It's a great thing that you will recieve from doing yoga.
12. Increase of Red Blood Cells: Yoga has shown to increase the amount of red blood cells in the body. Red blood cells are important because with too few you will feel weak and have no energy.
13. Reduces Risk of Some Diseases: Yoga helps reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes, Heart disease,Osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s. You are doing your body a lot of good by doing yoga, especially since you are helping prevent some diseases.
14. Back Pain Reducer: Yoga helps your spin and your entire back by doing many of the exercises. Your overall back pain will be reduced by practicing yoga.
15. Vitamin C: Yoga helps your body gain vitamin C, which helps boost immunity and is a powerful antioxident. Vitamin C is one of the main vitamins your body so take your vitamin's and do yoga!
When should I do yoga? How many times a week?
When practicing yoga you need to do it in the morning to mid-afternoon so it gives you energy. Early mornings are good but you need to eat breakfast first, and then wait at least an hour before you workout. You should do yoga 2 to 3 times a week for an hour. If you decide to take yoga classes make sure you bring lots of water, yoga mat, and a yoga block. You only need to use a yoga block if you aren't as flexible. I use a yoga block and so do many people so don't be emberessed! Pretty soon you will be just as flexible as everyone else. Good luck with practicing yoga I hope you have fun and enjoy it. Hopefully this hub helped you learn things about yoga that maybe you didn't know before. Leave your feedback and comment below :)
Other Health and Fitness Links:
- My diet plan and tips to help you lose!
If you are interested in diet plans and tips to help you lose weight keep reading! This can help you!
- Healthy and Delicious Snacks
Quit deciding what candy bar will be for lunch, and eat healthy snacks instead. Here are some of my favorites, try them out yourself!
- Healthy frozen food and drink recipes!
If you're interested in healthy smoothie and popsicles you have come to the right place! Keep reading for recipes!