- Exercise & Fitness»
- Choosing a Workout
Why You Should Workout With Jillian Michaels
Working out can be a challenge. For many people, it is not something they consider to be fun. If you are getting bored with your current workout, or just looking for something new to try, I highly suggest you sample one of the various Jillian Michaels DVDs that are available for sale.
I belong to a popular local gym, and I have tried many different workout programs, classes, and/or DVDs. I was a gymnast growing up, have trained for/ran 3 half marathons, and completed a slew of shorter races. With all this being said, I am no stranger to a good old fashioned 'butt-kicking' workout, and even I have to say that working out with Jillian has given me some of the very best workouts I have ever experienced.
I think it is worth it for everyone to try a Jillian Michaels DVD. Here is why....
- Workout Variety: Jillian knows how important it is to change up your workout. If you do the same exercise routine day after day, your body will become accustomed to it, and you will begin to plateau. In order to continue to see results, you need to surprise your muscles and consistently do new exercises. Jillian offers a variety of workout DVDS; cardio workouts, yoga, weight lifting, kick boxing, and body specific toning (buns, thighs, abs, etc...) Not only does Jillian offer a variety of different types of workout DVDs, but even within the same DVD, she offers different levels of workouts with different moves. You are able to do each workout separately, or combine them to maximize your progress.
- Length Variety: Finding the time to fit working out in can be a struggle for many. As a result, Jillian offers many workouts that are 30 minutes or less. Her award willing "30 Day Shred" DVD offers three different workouts that are only 20 minutes each. "Kickbox Fastfix" is also three 20 minute routines. "Ripped In 30" offers four different 24 minute workouts, and "Body Revolution" is an entire 90 day program of workouts that are all just 30 minutes a day. If you are looking for more of a challenge, "Hard Body" offers two different 45 minute workouts, and "No More Trouble Zones" offers a challenging 40 minute circuit.
- Inexpensive: Joining a gym can be really expensive, when you add up those monthly fees and the cost of gas to get you there. Jillian Michaels DVDs can cost you as little as a few dollars each (if you buy them used), and you get to keep them to use over and over again. Many of the workouts only require hand weights (3 or 5 pounds) and a mat (only if you are working out on a hard surface), which are both relatively inexpensive. These days, time is money, and you will also save time not having to commute to and from the gym.
- Weight Focus: My favorite part about working out with Jillian Michaels is that she stresses the importance of lifting weights. Many people assume when they are trying to lose weight, that they need to do cardio and sweat it all out. While this is true to some extent, the more lean muscle you have on your body, the more calories you will burn at a resting rate. Thus building muscle will help you lose weight even faster. Nearly all Jillian's DVDs involve weight training of some style, and I love this!! A few of her workouts ("No More Trouble Zones" in particular) is ALL weight training (and one of the very best workouts she has to offer!!)
- Muscle Pairing: Jillian really knows her stuff. Many of her shorter workouts offer muscle pairing exercises, for example, doing bicep curls while simultaneously doing pendulum lunges. These muscle pairing moves are the types of exercises that allow you to get a great workout in a small amount of time. Doing bicep curls alone may help tone your arms, but doing it while doing lunges will also tone your legs, AND since your legs are a large muscle group, it will get you sweating and keep your heart rate up, thus burning more calories at time.
- She's TOUGH!: Working out with Jillian is so motivating. She is so tough. Even though she is on your TV screen, you may still find yourself getting scared of her!! She knows the things to say to keep you going. She reminds you WHY you are working out. Jillian, herself, is a success story;... a little girl that grew up with weight problems and chose to change her story. She makes big promises, but she delivers, if you are willing to go for it too!!
- She's Realistic: Throughout her DVDs, Jillian keeps it real. She is so good at reminding you that there is no quick solution or simple way to change your life and/or lose weight. So many times people believe there is an easy way out. Jillian knows that is not true. She will remind you that you need to workout regularly, but you also need to drink water, sleep enough, and eat right as well, if you hope to see (and keep) results.
Now that you know all the reasons why you should workout with Jillian Michaels, it's time to get started. After all, the only thing you have to lose is weight!!