- Personal Health Information & Self-Help»
- Mentally & Emotionally Balanced Living
Why do we fall
Why do we fall - Quiz
How do you respond to failure?
"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again".
Far be it for me to quote a line from a Batman movie as motivation, however I thought it was a tremendous line that applies to all of us and especially you my readers who are committed to becoming a better version of yourselves. There is truth in that statement especially when we are trying to make changes in our life but we fail in the process. In order to create the type of life and person you want to be, you can expect difficulties to arise, but when you do you have to be mentally prepared for them. That is what this blog is for, to help motivate you and to give you concrete strategies that can help you life yourself up when you face problems and to help you prepare yourself to make the change you need to make. Motivation comes in different forms and in different ways, and we are all motivated differently. That's why you have to find out what inspires you to action, who inspires you to action and continue to spend time with those people or things. There's nothing like getting motivation in the morning to start your day. There is a youtube video that I love that fires me up every time I watch it and I would like to share it with you. Watch it below and let the message fire you up!
10 WAYS TO PICK YOURSELF UP IF YOU FALL
- Don't dwell on the negative
- Change the narrative of your life, we create our story don't let others write it for you
- Create a plan for your life
- Spend your time around people who encourage you to and push you towards your goals
- Craft an environment that suits your goals
- Don't make excuse
- Accept criticism, learn and move on
- Don't get stuck on past mistakes
- Spend time helping other people succeed
- Be positive with yourself, don't call yourself stupid, dumb, idiot
FALLING DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE OUT OF THE GAME
Just because you have a set back with something in your life doesn't mean you are out for the count or that you're a failure, it may be as simple as it's simply time to adjust how and what you do. Perhaps you have to change how you deal with people or yourself. Perhaps it's time to stop procrastinating and time for you to take action, recognizing that small steps every day lead to eventual progress and major milestones. When we fall it can drum up in us some self-limiting messages that can cause us to question why we are on this journey any way and cause procrastination. According to psychology today "when that overly critical voice is telling us we can't do something, only we alone have the power to quiet the persistent negative voice within our head." It's entirely incumbent upon us to put ourselves in the best position to succeed. It may take some longer to realize this than others but once you are on your way you will dominate your path.
Why do we fall quick hitters
- Everyone fails, don't get discouraged, get encouraged
- Success is born in failure
- Use our 10 Strategies to stay positive if you do fail