- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Drinking pee? Urine therapy health benefits
Is urine meant to be in the toilet?
Alternative health remedies
I'm all for alternative health remedies, and naturally keeping your body in balance. But sometimes you gotta draw the line. The therapy I'm about to discuss is one of those therapies that I believe boarders the line of mental illness. But as I started my research, it could be possible I'm mistaken and there is something to this. However, when I first heard of it, it made me absolutely sick and I gagged. To me, there is a reason our bodies eliminate urine, it's waste. If it was meant to stay in, we probably would not pee. Are you brave enough to try this therapy? I'm not sure I am. I can say with 100% certainty though, that I will never drink my own urine. Call me narrow-minded! I suppose this is another example of nature providing all we need for maximum health?
Try a detox first
- Physical symptoms and problems when detoxing. Clear...
Detoxing the body is never really pleasant, here is what to expect from detoxing or cleansing and the symptoms your body produces when doing so...clear your sinuses, eliminate mucus and acne...
What is Urine Therapy?
The use of urine for health purposes has been traced back to societies in ancient Egypt, China, Hindu and Aztec histories. Some people even proclaim that a prominent verse in the Bible: “Drink water from thine own cistern and the streams of thine own well.” promotes this type of therapy.
Urine therapy is an alternative form of medicine, also known as Urotherapy, and amaroli which is an integral part of the Ayurvedic tradition of Yoga. This type of therapy is the act of using one's own urine on the skin (topically), for skin benefits, and using urine internally (yes drinking your own piss!) to improve your health.
There have been no concrete facts or evidence that support this as being beneficial to your health, well...none that I could find anyhow. What I mean by that is no proof that this therapy cures the ailments it claims to. Although, apparently it's more popular and common than one would think.
Have you ever tried it?
Have you ever tried Urine Therapy?
What the what?
The content of urine is 95% water, 2.5% urea and the remaining 2.5% is a mixture of minerals, salts, hormones and enzymes. So let's consider this again, content is, 95% water, with the remaining constituents, in order of decreasing concentration urea; 9.3 g/L, chloride 1.87 g/L, sodium 1.17 g/L, potassium 0.750 g/L, creatine 0.670 g/L and other ions, and finally inorganic and organic compounds.
My initial thought here is...drink some water and take a vitamin supplement.
Urea, the chemical after which urine is named, can become poisonous when present in the blood. However, "experts" claim this to be irrelevant because it is not immediately put back in the bloodstream. They say in small quantities that it purifies, and clears up excess mucus. Also that it is completely sterile after eliminated from the body and that it has antiseptic value. Which is not true. Urine is sterile only until it reaches the urethra, at this juncture epithelial cells lining the urethra contaminate it with gram negative bacteria. Urine also can acquire foul stinking odors due to bacterial action, particularly with the release of ammonia from urea breaking down.
I'll admit, I've done some strange things, but I've never drank my own urine, nor have I rubbed it all over my body. Who wants to smell like piss all day long? Yuck.
Read more about it
So what benefits are mentioned by incorporating this to your natural remedy cures?
Here are the claims of Urine therapy, nature's elixir...
- Urea, is an anti-fungal, antibacterial and antiviral agent. Because of its ability to kill bacteria and limit inflammation, urea is often used in ointments and lotions.
- When using externally, new or old, it can be applied to the body. Old urine has a high concentration of ammonia, which is claimed to be more effective against skin diseases and rashes. To make the urine old, it should be stored in a dark bottle, closed tightly and kept away from the sun. A small amount can then be applied on the skin. It can also be sprayed on skin, added to lotions, cream and moisturizers. Doctors suggest avoiding soap immediately after applying your piss on your skin!
- Supposedly Urine Therapy has cured a variety of ailments. To name a few, Arthritis, Cancer, Hepatitis, Multiple Sclerosis, Eczema, Psoriasis, Diabetes, Herpes and adrenal failure. It's also used to treat snakebites, jellyfish and bee stings. Urine also happens to be the key ingredient in infertility drugs!
Wear gloves too!
How to do this....
Only use urine from the first pee of the day and the mid-stream urine is the best sample. Before collecting anything wash your genital area thoroughly. If taking internally avoid eating anything for at least 30 minutes.
Never inject it into your body. Gradual introduction of urine into the body is supposed to be the key here, a sudden onslaught of urine to the bloodstream can cause damage.
Use a sterile container with a dropper. Place 5-10 drops under your tongue. 1-5 drops on the first day, 5-10 drops the second day, 5-10 drops on the morning of the third day and 5-10, the evening of the third day.
After reading this article, are you going to try this?
More odd, taboo, and disgusting things to read
- How to naturally treat and cure a yeast infection at...
Cure a yeast infection with garlic, naturally, cheaply and privately in your own home!
- Strange and scary full body rash -Pityriasis Rosea (...
What is this strange skin condition? How does it start and how do you get rid of it?
- What are the health benefits of Garlic?
Many ailments can be healed with its use. Another one of nature’s little miracles, “Eat onions in March and garlic in May, Then the rest of the year, your doctor can play”
- Coconut Oil for health and body!
The beautiful people of the world know the true value of Coconut Oil. This stuff is liquid gold...there are so many uses for this fantastic natural oil, read on for all the ways to start using it!
© 2013 Rebecca